Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rinse bar tecnique video

I have it set to around 75-80 percent on an analog controller. That's my usual flow rate but I end with more water left at the end of day.

I have it set to around 75-80 percent on an analog controller. That's my usual flow rate but I end with more water left at the end of day.

My digital is on 80 so we must be similar. Is there a noticeable difference in fatigue at the end of the day also with speedĀ 

My digital is on 80 so we must be similar. Is there a noticeable difference in fatigue at the end of the day also with speedĀ 
Yes, I work at a more slow and controlled pace with the rinse bar. When working with a regular brush I go into auto mode, I work fast because that's how I have conditioned myself over the years. My brain is not really engaged in what I'm doing because its automatic, I am prone to the odd mistake and when I think about it I'm going so quick and I'm over scrubbing, so I'm probably only achieving as much as I would if I slowed down and became mindful.

Using the rinse bar you are engaging the brain more and the body less, There are some house I do that have a lot of large upstairs panes and take a lot of effort to hold off and rinse, the rinse bar cuts the effort way down.

One house I did this week has a lot of large windows and no matter how I cleaned it previously I couldn't do it any quicker than 25 minutes of full-on scrubbing and rinsing, it was hard work, the 14" rinse bar did it in 20 minutes and I still felt fresh at the end of it. The scrubbing is slower and more controlled, but what your gaining is not then having to stand there and hold the brush off for a rinse phase, that's where you gain water and lose fatigue.

There are some houses where you dont gain much time with the bar, just super easy windows to clean can be done with the regular set-up. I reckon though, everyone will have at least a couple of house where they will be astonished at the difference.

Yeah I can definitely see where this would be quicker, but it would not just be quicker but less movement on every joint on your body. Ā In effect, rinsing off the glass means that you have about 30% extra movement on your arms just for the rinse (based on 2 passes with the brush followed by rinse), not only that on the upstairs windows rinsing off the glass is where it really puts strain on the arms.

Do you use jets in the middle of the brush aswell?Ā Ā 

Yeah I can definitely see where this would be quicker, but it would not just be quicker but less movement on every joint on your body. Ā In effect, rinsing off the glass means that you have about 30% extra movement on your arms just for the rinse (based on 2 passes with the brush followed by rinse), not only that on the upstairs windows rinsing off the glass is where it really puts strain on the arms.

Do you use jets in the middle of the brush aswell?Ā Ā 
No, I think that for the rinse bar technique you want as much water as possible coming out of the rinse bar, if you connect jets too then you're halving the flow from the rinse bar

Might work with the 16 jet.

My low pressure rinse bar came tonight there. Tried it on my windows that are very bad hydrophobic. First impressions it seems to make the water sheet better when scrubbing. Some windows it left hardly any water on it. The odd jet in mine is pointing a silly direction. Are you able to adjust them ? Also to get it to rinse above the bristle I had to higher it a good bit moreĀ 

I have it as low on the brush as possible.......I use a safety pin or 13 amp fuse wire to clear jets....generally find it's the end ones.

My low pressure rinse bar came tonight there. Tried it on my windows that are very bad hydrophobic. First impressions it seems to make the water sheet better when scrubbing. Some windows it left hardly any water on it. The odd jet in mine is pointing a silly direction. Are you able to adjust them ? Also to get it to rinse above the bristle I had to higher it a good bit moreĀ 
What size is the rinse bar?

I just love the way the rinse bar leaves the glass almost dry when hydrophobic after rinsing.

It proper annoys me when the jets go off position, I just take a pin that fits the holes snug and by moving it around inside the hole you can get the jet firing straight again. Usually they go off again but you keep adjusting.

Depends which brush you are using? I posted some pictures on a recent thread here of the brushes I modified to better suit the rinse bar, I cut the bristles down shorter for less splay and more aggression and they work really well with the rinse bar. Some brushesĀ  (most) just aint designed for the rinse bar, the shorter the bristles and the less splay the better.

If yours is the low pressure then they usually shoot higher and further, them ones clear the bristles easier.

What size is the rinse bar?

I just love the way the rinse bar leaves the glass almost dry when hydrophobic after rinsing.

It proper annoys me when the jets go off position, I just take a pin that fits the holes snug and by moving it around inside the hole you can get the jet firing straight again. Usually they go off again but you keep adjusting.

Depends which brush you are using? I posted some pictures on a recent thread here of the brushes I modified to better suit the rinse bar, I cut the bristles down shorter for less splay and more aggression and they work really well with the rinse bar. Some brushesĀ  (most) just aint designed for the rinse bar, the shorter the bristles and the less splay the better.

If yours is the low pressure then they usually shoot higher and further, them ones clear the bristles easier.

Itā€™s just the standard size. Iā€™m using a dupoint ultimate. I will maybe try cutting the bristles down a bit as itā€™s an older brushĀ 

Itā€™s just the standard size. Iā€™m using a dupoint ultimate. I will maybe try cutting the bristles down a bit as itā€™s an older brushĀ 
Might not work too well with the ultimate Dupont, cutting the bristles down I mean, they're fairly short as is.

One brush it does work very well with straight out of the box is the ultimate stiff, its almost perfect! I just dont like stiff bristles on hydrophobic glass so dont use it much.

I just had a new tucker dual trim mono delivered today, only Ā£30 from rutland pumps (Ā£46 after tax and postage) These truly are the bets brushes out there, but they're bloody heavy at 300 grams. They do have more scrubbing power though. I'm trying to work out if the extra scrubbing power is worth the extra weight over the course of the day.

The extra scrubbing power just gives you that little bit more peace of mind when you cant see all the bits on the glass, some brushes are just altogether useless and dont shift the simplest of things.

Might not work too well with the ultimate Dupont, cutting the bristles down I mean, they're fairly short as is.

One brush it does work very well with straight out of the box is the ultimate stiff, its almost perfect! I just dont like stiff bristles on hydrophobic glass so dont use it much.

I just had a new tucker dual trim mono delivered today, only Ā£30 from rutland pumps (Ā£46 after tax and postage) These truly are the bets brushes out there, but they're bloody heavy at 300 grams. They do have more scrubbing power though. I'm trying to work out if the extra scrubbing power is worth the extra weight over the course of the day.

The extra scrubbing power just gives you that little bit more peace of mind when you cant see all the bits on the glass, some brushes are just altogether useless and dont shift the simplest of things.

Had a go with it for part of the day and was enjoying it. Changed back to the 3mm jets and couldnā€™t get used to them after using the rinse bar lol

Thanks to @paul alanĀ I have been seriously considering a rinse bar and putting it on an old ultimate DupontĀ brush just for some jobs with lantern roofs cleaned on a regular basis along with a conservatory roof with self-cleaning glass cleaned once every 8 weeks due to the extra flow what's your thoughts paul as you have tried every jet and brush known to manĀ ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to @paul alanĀ I have been seriously considering a rinse bar and putting it on an old ultimate DupontĀ brush just for some jobs with lantern roofs cleaned on a regular basis along with a conservatory roof with self-cleaning glass cleaned once every 8 weeks due to the extra flow what's your thoughts paul as you have tried every jet and brush known to manĀ ?
You get more flow but you pay for that with pressure. I suppose it depends on how dirty they are?

Rinse bars are great for maintenance cleaning but when there is a fair amount of cobwebs, bird muck, leaves etc etc then you're better off with some pressure to blast it all down the glass.

The one issue I am finding with the 14" rinse bar on the extreme is lots of tiny "bits" left on the glass, it doesn't happen as much with the shorter rinse bars.Its most likely down to the natural bristles holdng on to stuff. I spent half hour cleaning the brush up like new, only for it to become filthy again on the first window. The muck mostly comes from the sills but I cant be bothered walking around with a wet cloth in my pocket all day.

And the low pressure 26cm rinse bar is kind of a double whammy because it "rinse bars" and its great for rinsing off too as there is plenty of pressure there.Ā 

Back