Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rude people when canvassing

Hyzer373

Had a really rude person today while canvassing.
I was giving a guy a quote for front & back, he seemed pleasant then out of nowhere his gf/wife came to the door, she was polish, she just interrupted and starting saying to him “what?” In a rude manner he replied to her saying “it’s about window cleaning” she turned to me and said in an aggressive manner “how much?” I told her £15 (which is cheap as they had small conservatory) she just shook her head and said I had it done before for £5, I laughed and said no chance, she got all defensive and started saying that was for front I said well front would be £6, she then went quiet the husband then carried on talking to me while she gave a constant death stare, I seen her doing it and she didn’t stop, he said he would have a think then get back to me I said thanks and she gave me deep evil stare and slammed door in my face, nastiest evil ***** I’ve seen in a while.
I don’t think they will call and to be honest I don’t want them to, he seemed ok but noway I would want to deal with her.
I notice these rude people really get under my skin, how can I deal with this better? 
It did annoy me a lot.

Had a really rude person today while canvassing.
I was giving a guy a quote for front & back, he seemed pleasant then out of nowhere his gf/wife came to the door, she was polish, she just interrupted and starting saying to him “what?” In a rude manner he replied to her saying “it’s about window cleaning” she turned to me and said in an aggressive manner “how much?” I told her £15 (which is cheap as they had small conservatory) she just shook her head and said I had it done before for £5, I laughed and said no chance, she got all defensive and started saying that was for front I said well front would be £6, she then went quiet the husband then carried on talking to me while she gave a constant death stare, I seen her doing it and she didn’t stop, he said he would have a think then get back to me I said thanks and she gave me deep evil stare and slammed door in my face, nastiest evil ***** I’ve seen in a while.
I don’t think they will call and to be honest I don’t want them to, he seemed ok but noway I would want to deal with her.
I notice these rude people really get under my skin, how can I deal with this better? 
It did annoy me a lot.
Think you’ve dealt with it fine, you didn’t react or act ‘off’ with her. Thankfully people like her are few & far between.

And we’re hear it listen to your rants ?

keep your chin up & keep knocking ?

People like that will make problematic customers , I would have just walked away and suggested that they look for someone else , as green pro would say they don’t fit our customer profile . People like that will always try and find fault, , quibble about price, claim  that you haven’t done the windows or missed one , alarm bells should be ringing loudly avoid this type of person at all cost .

People like that will make problematic customers , I would have just walked away and suggested that they look for someone else , as green pro would say they don’t fit our customer profile . People like that will always try and find fault, , quibble about price, claim  that you haven’t done the windows or missed one , alarm bells should be ringing loudly avoid this type of person at all cost .
Deffo. Too many like that would make your day miserable. Reason a lot of us do this job is to have no one bitchin or giving grief like in a workplace with a lot of employees. Vast majority of customers are great.

She probably did get it done for a fiver.. she's probably "easy" and paid one of her polish bits on the side a few quid plus sexual favours to get it done (hence why she doesn't want an english cleaner). The poles tend to stick together - like the chinese, ghurkas, indians etc. They tend to all know each other and keep in contact. Same for the poles, they all seem to know each other - and i say that as someone who's lived with a pole for nearly 15 years.

Personally i wouldn't worry about it. I spent years trying to please everyone and to a point it's still instinctive to try but as i've gotten older i've started to care less and less. Someone out there will always pick fault at you for whatever stupid reason so it's pointless spending time trying to please the unpleasable - all that'll happen is you'll burn your resources on someone thats not worthy of your time.

Next time you get a woman like that ask her if she wants to feel your pole  :1f61c:

as green pro would say they don’t fit our customer profile

You have been taught well young Padawan!

200.gif

You dealt with it well and even if they did contact you to go ahead you can just say sorry that slot has now been filled ?

It's funny cos in my area a few quotes I have done for polish and eastern European families they just want it for next to free but equally 2 of my best customers one is a polish guy who does decorating always leaves gate open and as soon as I pull up the wife brings me out £15 and never wants her 2 pound change and they give me nice polish buiscits! Another Bulgarian family same deal always tip always polite and gate open. Just shows no matter what background you get good and bad

Had a Polish woman wanting her windows cleaned,mate who works with her contacted me with details, did them, he brought me the money and said she would get in touch when she needed them done again.At Easter my mate said she wanted them doing again, I didn,t have the time or inclination preferring to furnish my regular customers who are Monthly.

Think Darren (Greenpro) said something on youtube about how some cultures are not tuned into the regularity that we in Britain expect of our window cleaners.

Had a Polish woman wanting her windows cleaned,mate who works with her contacted me with details, did them, he brought me the money and said she would get in touch when she needed them done again.At Easter my mate said she wanted them doing again, I didn,t have the time or inclination preferring to furnish my regular customers who are Monthly.

Think Darren (Greenpro) said something on youtube about how some cultures are not tuned into the regularity that we in Britain expect of our window cleaners.

The Polish have then done for Easter and Christmas 'spring cleans'

Felt like you the other day. A trad windae gave me some high work, he is 65 n the windows are too high now. The old guy of the house is rather rude n dismissive, as i use wfp n charged them extra £5, decent sized victorian house,8 weekly clean at £25, so thinking of speaking to him the next time, he went of to do his 3d printing in shed, my wife heard him mumbling to his wife about price. But will drop him if he decides to not be happy with my service, affects your mood too much,got enough work with plenty of nice custys.

Latest Posts

Back