THL4KEL

Ran out of water Pressure Washing

THL4KEL

Tried to put this in the P/W forum but wont let me.

Did a job a few days back and I used customers water supply. Anyway job was virtually finished I was just giving it a light wash down. I noticed there was no water flow into my wheelie bin. Checked tap and no water was coming out.

Anyway told customer and she called a plumber. Then she remembered the yard area, underneath it has a built in water tank, all the rain water from the roof and drains around the property fill it up. That's where the water for her outside taps come from.

Luckily I spotted this before the pressure washer started sucking air. I had emptied the water tank. The property was a newish build so I take it an eco friendly build.. I.e harvesting rain water/ solar ect.

Sometimes in hot weather I have drank from the garden tap, just thinking it was a good job I didnt drink from her tap that day because that water would not be good.....

I won't be drinking from garden taps again...

Pjj

That’s jntresting never herd of that before , could be a problem with a 21 ltr machine 😂😂😂

Part Timer

So is the water pumped to the tap? .If it is will there be an air lock now?

THL4KEL

Yeah I think there must of been an airlock problem because whatever I used a lot of must returned back to the underground water tank..

Even though it returned as the job was going on the flow of water ceased...

I've not heard anything back from the customer since.

Maybe not the same but made me think about this -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5190191/Darius-nearly-dies-drinking-River-Thames-water.html

Just made me think how many properties might have a similar outdoor tap system and how I won't be drinking from them again.

scottish cleaning service
18 hours ago, THL4KEL said:

Yeah I think there must of been an airlock problem because whatever I used a lot of must returned back to the underground water tank..

Even though it returned as the job was going on the flow of water ceased...

I've not heard anything back from the customer since.

Maybe not the same but made me think about this -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5190191/Darius-nearly-dies-drinking-River-Thames-water.html

Just made me think how many properties might have a similar outdoor tap system and how I won't be drinking from them again.

Legionnaires disease from static water and the vapour mist when one breathes it in. One of my colleagues from the fire service caught it when he was on holiday in Spain. It was a new hotel and he was one of the first customers to try out the shower. He woke up 6 weeks later in a hospital bed in the UK. He said it was like having a heavy flu virus.