Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump callibration

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Larry joly

Hi lads,

A quick question, when calibrating your pump and controller, do you run the pump with the water flowing from your pole or with it dead ended?

Im having issue with my pressure switch kicking in when i dead end the water while i work. I have to keep going back to the van to restart the system. Doesnt happen every time,but usually the first time i stop the water flow. Its wrecking my head. So i guess my calibrations off

Yes you're supposed to as this will enable you to set the Cal at the correct setting, when I got a new system fitted the Cal setting had to be a lot higher than my old system so I spent a few minutes with everything connected and running and once you have found the right setting the water will run and controller go into de after 30 seconds or so. 

Hi lads,

A quick question, when calibrating your pump and controller, do you run the pump with the water flowing from your pole or with it dead ended?

Im having issue with my pressure switch kicking in when i dead end the water while i work. I have to keep going back to the van to restart the system. Doesnt happen every time,but usually the first time i stop the water flow. Its wrecking my head. So i guess my calibrations off
I found this helpful 

Ok. I did that. But i still find that "ps" comes up regularly now. I usually have to restart the system once i turn it on. I start it with the univalve closed, so instead of reading "de" it just goes straight to the pressure switch cut off. So i restart and it works ok. Any thoughts on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I did that. But i still find that "ps" comes up regularly now. I usually have to restart the system once i turn it on. I start it with the univalve closed, so instead of reading "de" it just goes straight to the pressure switch cut off. So i restart and it works ok. Any thoughts on that?
There have been issues with the univalve I believe in terms of it not fully shutting off, PS can also mean you have an airlock in your system providing all fittings are tightly nipped so no air is getting into your system so jubilee clips etc systematically go through your system ensuring all fittings are as they should be including any and all hozelock fittings failure to do this will mean you will continue to have issues, as we have advised lads in the past and they haven't completely done as advised and struggled on for days.  

There have been issues with the univalve I believe in terms of it not fully shutting off, PS can also mean you have an airlock in your system providing all fittings are tightly nipped so no air is getting into your system so jubilee clips etc systematically go through your system ensuring all fittings are as they should be including any and all hozelock fittings failure to do this will mean you will continue to have issues, as we have advised lads in the past and they haven't completely done as advised and struggled on for days.  
Ok.i'll check those fittings.thanks man

Thanks very much for this. I went through everything, and i hadnt tightened the di vessel enough. I did that and now i have no issue. What a relief. It was doing my head in!

Appreciate the feedback and advice

Thanks very much for this. I went through everything, and i hadnt tightened the di vessel enough. I did that and now i have no issue. What a relief. It was doing my head in!

No worries, it can often be something very simple and something that should be maybe once a month more as the weather gets warmer or cools down over the year. 

PS is usually a calibration issue as the pressure switch is kicking in before the controller switches itself off.

However,  it could also be a poor connection somewhere between the controller and the pump, either on the positive side to the pump or the negative side from the pump to the controller. Most of us join the controller and the pump together with a strip connector. Its easy to push too much cable into the strip connector and clamp the cable down on the cables outer insulator rather than the bare wires. This doesn't make for a good, reliable contact.  I did this a couple of days ago.

I helped someone out the other day and his controller was reading PS and no water coming out at the brush head, he had two issues a big airlock and a faulty aquastop hozelock fitting which had worn out and was totally restricting the flow of water 

I've had my pump and controller for neigh on 2 years and never recalibrated it. I don't understand why you need to do it either??

Winter time the water is thicker as it’s cold , summer time it’s thinner as it’s warm this can and generaly will affect the calibration if using hot water you tend to need to calibrate a couple of times a year depending on temperature.

Latest Posts

Back