Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Gardiner Toy - Jet Capsules

Most of my brushes have both fan jets and pencil jets fitted, doesn’t look like that will be an option without swapping jets out or drilling it myself  ?

I like the low profile aspect and JG connectivitiy of these new jets. The only time I've broken my 100° jets has been when cleaning conny roofs and the brush has gone under the drip guard at the top and then caught the back of the jet. These new jets will be great for that. But I'll have to wait for the Xtreme brushes to be made ready to accept them as they are my brush of choice.

Well thought out. I like that they have colour coded the different jets. Making brush customisation simple. High profit margins on these I bet. Well done on innovating Gardiner!

So, what's everyone's thoughts on these then? I don't find myself changing the Jets in brushes but I will use a different brush to get a particular jet, so may end up coming in handier than I think. Also, I like the pretty colours! ? @Alex Gardiner 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new/jet-capsules-quick-release-jets-for-brushes.html

Most people rarely, if ever, will change jets - however this does allow for the swapping of jets from an old brush to a newer brush if desired. It also means that jets can be swapped over in seconds if one job needs a different jet type.

The 'pretty colours' are as much for our benefit as for users - it means that each jet can be quickly identified for picking and packing orders ?

Now, this is brilliant. I find myself clogging the 100° jets quite often due to being careless of where I rest my tubeless pole. With these I could have a few spares in the van and just switch them over when clogged, and crack on.

Much easier to clean when you can remove them from the brush as well.

Now, if it exists, could one fit a 90° angle adapter on these and get even less tube sticking about? Or would that restrict the flow too much?

I'm seeing brush heads with built in hose in the future.

Now, this is brilliant. I find myself clogging the 100° jets quite often due to being careless of where I rest my tubeless pole. With these I could have a few spares in the van and just switch them over when clogged, and crack on.

Much easier to clean when you can remove them from the brush as well.

I’ve had this issue as well and because you can’t pull the hose off the back of the current ones easily it makes them harder to clear. This new design should put an end to that

I’ve had this issue as well and because you can’t pull the hose off the back of the current ones easily it makes them harder to clear. This new design should put an end to that
I usually disconnect the hose from the t split and suck the debree out. If that doesn't help a bit of compressed air or a needle does the trick.

.... and from Alex's point it also makes assembly of bushes much quicker as the jets don't have to be pressed in.

The downside is that its extra tooling for brush heads that will push the price of the brushes up to us the consumer. The jets are also a lot more (higher cost) per set than the old brass jets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea to a point @Alex Gardiner will the new set up become standard across the whole brush range if so I will have to stock up on a lifetimes supply of brushes as they simply aren't for me using a much smaller pencil jet ?

Great idea to a point @Alex Gardiner will the new set up become standard across the whole brush range if so I will have to stock up on a lifetimes supply of brushes as they simply aren't for me using a much smaller pencil jet ?

Yes these will become standard across the whole of our brush range apart from the Micro Brush.

From memory, you use 1mm jets from welding tips - is that correct? How do you fit these currently to the brushes?

.... and from Alex's point it also makes assembly of bushes much quicker as the jets don't have to be pressed in.

The downside is that its extra tooling for brush heads that will push the price of the brushes up to us the consumer. The jets are also a lot more (higher cost) per set than the old brass jets.
Yes it does dramatically speed up our brush assembly process ?

The tooling for the jets and the brushes has been very expensive which has led to a slightly higher jet cost. However one advantage for our customers, that may well save money in the long run, is that jets from an old brush can now easily be removed and re-used if needed. In time we will probably offer a discounted 'no jet' option on the jet capsule brushes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes these will become standard across the whole of our brush range apart from the Micro Brush.

From memory, you use 1mm jets from welding tips - is that correct? How do you fit these currently to the brushes?

Yes it does dramatically speed up our brush assembly process ?

The tooling for the jets and the brushes has been very expensive which has led to a slightly higher jet cost. However one advantage for our customers, that may well save money in the long run, is that jets from an old brush can now easily be removed and re-used if needed. In time we will probably offer a discounted 'no jet' option on the jet capsule brushes.

Thank you for your reply, the jets I use are a straight swap for the pre-fitted jets and I just push them into the pre-drilled holes 

Thank you for your reply, the jets I use are a straight swap for the pre-fitted jets and I just push them into the pre-drilled holes 
You have a few of options then moving forward with Jet Capsule brushes.

1. Fill the jet hole in a set of 1.4mm jets with epoxy resin (keeping the ability to us the push-fit connection) and then drill a new hole of the size you want in the jet capsule base.

2. Fill the jet hole and rear cavity in a set of  jets with epoxy resin and then drill a 4.8mm hole in the filled jet base and push-fit your current jets

3. Drill a new hole on the brush stock using a 4.8mm drill bit.

I was a little bit "meh" to the news of jet capsules etc. However! The more i think about it the more i think this is going to be extremely helpful. 

You have a few of options then moving forward with Jet Capsule brushes.

1. Fill the jet hole in a set of 1.4mm jets with epoxy resin (keeping the ability to us the push-fit connection) and then drill a new hole of the size you want in the jet capsule base.

2. Fill the jet hole and rear cavity in a set of  jets with epoxy resin and then drill a 4.8mm hole in the filled jet base and push-fit your current jets

3. Drill a new hole on the brush stock using a 4.8mm drill bit.
Many thanks for replying certainly food for thought and a good heads up on what my options are. 

Back