Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customers windows cleaned by another windy ?

JH Window Cleaning

Had a message off a customer yesterday asking If I had cleaned her windows as they had been cleaned by someone and that she owes them £20, I reassured her that it wasn't me who cleaned them as her next clean isn't due with me for a couple of weeks, she mentioned that it was a company called north east window cleaning. The only explanations I could think of was either this company are just doing random houses in hope of gaining more business (unlikely) or the other explanation is that they have a team working and they have cleaned the wrong house by mistake (more likely), has anyone else experienced anything like this before? Suppose it makes them better for me to clean next time haha.

Had a message off a customer yesterday asking If I had cleaned her windows as they had been cleaned by someone and that she owes them £20, I reassured her that it wasn't me who cleaned them as her next clean isn't due with me for a couple of weeks, she mentioned that it was a company called north east window cleaning. The only explanations I could think of was either this company are just doing random houses in hope of gaining more business (unlikely) or the other explanation is that they have a team working and they have cleaned the wrong house by mistake (more likely), has anyone else experienced anything like this before? Suppose it makes them better for me to clean next time haha.
I pulled up at a customers house as the local trader was trying to collect payment, he'd just been up and done the windows. Unfortunately I ended up losing her to them down the line since they were cheaper. 

Your customer doesn't need to pay the £20, was their mistake, not hers.

I pulled up at a customers house as the local trader was trying to collect payment, he'd just been up and done the windows. Unfortunately I ended up losing her to them down the line since they were cheaper. 

Your customer doesn't need to pay the £20, was their mistake, not hers.
Ah thats not good at all mate, you win some you lose some I suppose, I told her, not to pay them, iv thought if she has any hassle would it be worth me ringing the company up and telling them? 

I cleaned a row of 6 terraces on the wrong street once. Got 6 houses in before i realized what id done ?

also wandered in to the back garden of the wrong house, started cleaning the back windows, lady sat at the breakfast table eating her cereal as if i was supposed to be there, huge german shepherd next to her. I wondered why she didnt greet me or wave to say hi, she just blanked me. And then it dawned on me. Oh my gawd. So i packed up and left. ?‍♂️ Good job im not in the united states probably would’ve been shot or something

I cleaned a row of 6 terraces on the wrong street once. Got 6 houses in before i realized what id done ?

also wandered in to the back garden of the wrong house, started cleaning the back windows, lady sat at the breakfast table eating her cereal as if i was supposed to be there, huge german shepherd next to her. I wondered why she didnt greet me or wave to say hi, she just blanked me. And then it dawned on me. Oh my gawd. So i packed up and left. ?‍♂️ Good job im not in the united states probably would’ve been shot or something
Haha oh dear not good at all ? I'm waiting for the day that I do the same thing lol, I've heard of people getting new customers from mistakenly cleaning someone's windows.

Someone cleaned front of windows of customer on a street, but custy told them already have windae washer, me, think they had got mixed up.

I had the local trad guy come round into my back garden and start cleaning the windows. I let him clean the rear before I decided to tell him we didn’t have a window cleaner. 

I also had a text off a customer asking if I’d sold my round as some easterns had turned up and started to clean his windows on a Saturday morning. He even sent me a picture of them. Keystone Cops sprang to mind ? He sent them packing.

I had the local trad guy come round into my back garden and start cleaning the windows. I let him clean the rear before I decided to tell him we didn’t have a window cleaner. 

I also had a text off a customer asking if I’d sold my round as some easterns had turned up and started to clean his windows on a Saturday morning. He even sent me a picture of them. Keystone Cops sprang to mind ? He sent them packing.
Seriously, is this getting like the ones who clean windscreens while people are waiting for the lights to change? enough for me. ive off to pub lads ?

ks789 said:
Seriously, is this getting like the ones who clean windscreens while people are waiting for the lights to change? enough for me. ive off to pub lads ?
Specially as its gotta be better than watching this fa cup. sooo boring. Bring on the global super league for mega buck teams around the world and get rid. try and get footy enjoyable how it used to be.

I subbed some work and was given the wrong house number. There was no name on the house so I just happily cracked on. I think I managed to clean it three or four times before the real customer started to wonder why he kept getting invoices but still had dirty windows. ?

Specially as its gotta be better than watching this fa cup. sooo boring. Bring on the global super league for mega buck teams around the world and get rid. try and get footy enjoyable how it used to be.
Word, too much money involved it it all now. Still, at least Cardiff went out with a bang, 2-0 away at united happy days ?

Latest Posts

Back