Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole Hose..........

Viggers

Hi, just wondering if anyone has discovered any decent pole hose. need to kit out a couple of poles with 30m each. whats that green pu hose from gardiners like any good???

Any feedback would be appreciated. TIA

In my experience Gardiner's green PU hose seems to coil up and tangle easily.

I would recommend Ex-ceed Innovation for pole hose.

In my experience Gardiner's green PU hose seems to coil up and tangle easily.

Especially when it comes out of the center of the coil in the 100mtr box. Sorted mine by boiling it for a few minutes then quickly laying it out flat and straight and allowing to go cold before recoiling it by hand in large coils

I might try this exceed hose, my Gardiner yellow pvc hose is kinked beyond repair. At the start & end of every job I lay the pole out on the floor and stretch & twist the hose flat but goes instantly kinked again. 

Update, ordered the Exceed hose this morning. Also purchased from Gardiners universal sill brush with pencil jets and fan jets the new jets they just brought out. Will keep you posted

Especially when it comes out of the center of the coil in the 100mtr box. Sorted mine by boiling it for a few minutes then quickly laying it out flat and straight and allowing to go cold before recoiling it by hand in large coils
I do it slightly different. I stretch  out the hose dead straight and put a weight on each end. I then boil the kettle and pour over the hose.

I do this a few times and it really helps.

I’ve tried every pole hose over the years and still not completely satisfied ?

I do it slightly different. I stretch  out the hose dead straight and put a weight on each end. I then boil the kettle and pour over the hose.

I do this a few times and it really helps.

I’ve tried every pole hose over the years and still not completely satisfied ?
Oh really Steve? I might give that a go. 

I personally believe they all have an issue, especially after a few months. I bought the exceed stuff with the univalve a couple of years ago. At first it was amazing, after about 3 months I found not so much and in the end it just kinked like a good un. What I will give it is it’s very hardy.

im now on the flexible Pu green hose from Gardiners. Again from first getting it it was amazing. I’ve had it about 4 months now and am starting to see kinking again, albeit quite mild atm. I think after a few months they all go the same way. Some are like it from the very beginning though and they are the ones to avoid.

Exceed blue is by far the best. Had mine since the univalve came out and it got a hole a couple of months ago so have been using the black hose that came with my hi mod pole. It was brilliant for the first month and is now starting to coil 

Been using Gardiners reinforced for the past 3 years. Bought a 30m roll and still not used it all. Brilliant stuff

Exceed blue is by far the best. Had mine since the univalve came out and it got a hole a couple of months ago so have been using the black hose that came with my hi mod pole. It was brilliant for the first month and is now starting to coil 

Totally agree we use very hot water and it’s used 8 hours a day dragging it around  sharp pebble dashed walls I replace it every 3-4 years no issues at all with it , I think maybe some people put a twist in it when reeling it in and this is why they get kinks , we have it on 15 hose reels some hot and some cold water and never experience kinking or any other issues 

Totally agree we use very hot water and it’s used 8 hours a day dragging it around  sharp pebble dashed walls I replace it every 3-4 years no issues at all with it , I think maybe some people put a twist in it when reeling it in and this is why they get kinks , we have it on 15 hose reels some hot and some cold water and never experience kinking or any other issues 

Yes any time mine ever started to coil I disconnected and got the twists out and it was as good as new. Even though the coils are out of this black pole hose it still has that twisty look to it ?

Lucky if you get no kinks at all. I got some exceed blue and put it in a bucket of boiling water. Then tied it between two patio chairs to reshape it. Pile of dung after that. Went straight in the bin. I have raved about exceed before now but this particular hose was pants.

Lucky if you get no kinks at all. I got some exceed blue and put it in a bucket of boiling water. Then tied it between two patio chairs to reshape it. Pile of dung after that. Went straight in the bin. I have raved about exceed before now but this particular hose was pants.

Funny you say that I had a length on workers pole the a few years ago and it was ?. It was unworkable , but the next one I got after the nightmare with Gardiners yellow has been spot on 

We have15 hose reels in total and have exceed blue on most of them and Ionic’s orange on the others the Ionic’s is a bit stiffer , but both are excellent honestly we never get any kinks , I buy it in 100 meter rolls , and wouldn’t use anything else I had some Gardiner’s yellow pole hose a couple of years ago when I bought a new pole used it for a day and it kinked more and more on every job , at the end of the day it went in the bin 

Back