Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Restoring lead.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

Hey lads. I was out working with a guy a couple of days last week. He was doing a roof while I did the pressure Washing. Only thing was, when he was done, the lead in parts had reacted with the hypo and discoloured. I know there's a chemical to restore this, I just can't think what it is at the moment. Any ideas? 

He wasn't too bothered about it but I wouldn't be too happy leaving a job like that. Some people are far too fussy and would see that as a chance not to pay or just be difficult. Also, is there any easy way to avoid this issue? Would a quick spray of wd40 or something help? 

If you damp down the lead whilst applying the hypo mix and keep it wet with water it will stop it happening in the first place but I accept this can be difficult on some jobs , if it’s accessible cut a lemon in half and rub it on it whilst it’s still wet thei will remove it but won’t work after , I also cannot remember the name of the stuff I have never used it but the videos I have seen of it seam to have mixed results , we just keep it wet and rinse off straight away and generally don’t have a problem. 

Latest Posts

Back