Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing in a different way

Craigmac

I was driving through a local town and noticed someone standing there with a little sign handing out leaflets for new kitchens.

Then it dawned on me, if you live in a small village or have small towns in your locality, would it not be a better way of canvasing. 

Pro's 

The majority of people who will take the leaflets off you are doing so because they are interested 

You can have a chat on their terms and not at the front door (where some people feel pressured) 

You save on wasted leaflets and your feet wont ache.

Cons 

You cannot price the windows on the spot. 

Interested on if this has been mentioned or tried by any of you lot in the past? 

yeh mentioned trying similar before but didnt get round to it. Reckon it could work well. Meet the cleaner etc. If you had a little stall or what not, you could even have a laptop or whatever and look up their property and quote there and then. ( Not all, but a lot of properties are pictured online) Its a great idea and Im a lazy sod for not doing it, especially as Im only half way to my customer quota.

Are you allowed to set up a stall in a town? Or do you have to let the ****** Council know? Or even pay them...

I like the idea

Are you allowed to set up a stall in a town? Or do you have to let the ****** Council know? Or even pay them...

I like the idea
Good Question. 

You would not be selling anything just handing out leaflets. 

I suppose some of the bigger towns may be funny. Here in Wales there are plenty of small towns and they still seem to have that local mentality, which is a good thing. Just look at the guy in the news the other day from glynneath. He was cleaning the road signs in the area for free and the council were happy for him to crack on. Now there are no doubt towns or boroughs in London for instance that would not entertain such an activity due to health and safety, or some other red tape legislation. 

Good Question. 

You would not be selling anything just handing out leaflets. 

I suppose some of the bigger towns may be funny. Here in Wales there are plenty of small towns and they still seem to have that local mentality, which is a good thing. Just look at the guy in the news the other day from glynneath. He was cleaning the road signs in the area for free and the council were happy for him to crack on. Now there are no doubt towns or boroughs in London for instance that would not entertain such an activity due to health and safety, or some other red tape legislation. 
Fairly certain that guy is on here

Back