Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

worth stockpiling anything?

ks789

I dont know, maybe someone on here might? They keep on about companies stocking up on stuff because of potential problems/increases of price etc over brexit. maybe some of the stuff we use is affected? Maybe not. I mean if it was possible your resin or filters/brushes etc could go up 30% then buy them now instead of late? Just a thought.

I would have thought that most of the stuff we buy comes in from China or Taiwan so what the hell a brexit deal has to do with anything is baffling to me
yeh you'd hope so. You know what its like tho, they blame anything and everything on brexit. Its the ready made guilty/blame all. Im even thinking of using it myself as an excuse lol.

Hose connectors & hose...

I use these nylon air hose connectors - same as Gardiner fit to the goosenecks 

s-l300.jpg

I stocked up with a few of those from ebay the other day as my tubeless setup relies on them and no doubt they won't have very long lifespans. I only use the straight connectors - none of the other fancy ones you see above but thought i'd post the picture anyway.

Nope, but always good to have spares so you can swap or fix something on the spot at work, I helped out someone yesterday who had no spares but was a little surprised when I got a toolbox out of the van with all I needed. 

Nope, but always good to have spares so you can swap or fix something on the spot at work, I helped out someone yesterday who had no spares but was a little surprised when I got a toolbox out of the van with all I needed. 
Totally agree. I’m a bit on the OCD side, so tend to carry about three of everything on my van (except for the water tank ?)

Started stockpiling Stella lager last Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now theres a point. they're belgium. Ive got a taste for carling lately, not as strong, but then stella have dropped from 5.2 % to 5 % and now 4.8! Daft, just makes us drink more cans. Get a good deal on the carling, 2 packs of 18 for £20 and made in England so should be fine. Mind you, I see that they brew some stella over here too. ?

Interesting subject as people think it will not effect businesses. The biggest issue if foods have to be custom cleared from the EU. If they do then Customs do not have the manpower so there would be huge backlogs up to weeks so yes there will be shortages. 

I speak to local companies and it’s starting to effect them with some EU companies no longer willing to sell to the UK. As a result they are having to look elsewhere. Notably a glass bottle company cannot get raw material from Europe.

The first time have ever known no Pentair pumps available for some week now.

Will it have an effect with window cleaning parts. You will probably see parts run out and prices increase if the pound falls.

Will it have an effect with window cleaning parts. You will probably see parts run out and prices increase if the pound falls.

I suspect a lot of parts are made in china so those might not be affected anyway.

If the value of the pound changes for the worse though we might find stuff suddenly gets expensive.

Or we might find that there are multiple suppliers for products either in this country or other countries and that they are actually a lot cheaper to purchase from especially when the EU aren't putting tariffs on imports anymore.

Or we might find that there are multiple suppliers for products either in this country or other countries and that they are actually a lot cheaper to purchase from especially when the EU aren't putting tariffs on imports anymore.
Or the GBP goes up in value, old adage in the financial industry, buy the rumour, sell the fact. 

Back