Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long would 250 litres

wilkeswindows

Hi I'm going from traditional to wfp and was wondering if I had purified the water say today Wednesday and didn't use it... How long would it last to be good to use or does it stay the same or go off? Sorry if its a silly question just want as much info as possible before I switch as don't want to lose any clients. Thanks for your time 

Once you've purified the water, it will stay pure.

You can leave it in a barrel fairly indefinitely and it will be fine to use on windows (not for drinking) as the minerals that leave water marks that have been filtered out cannot spontaneously appear in a sealed barrel. 

For long term storage though, keep it out of the sun as algae can start to grow.

For very long storage, things like micro plastics shedding into the water (caused by UV light) and bacteria in stagnant water could theoretically be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a two year old barrell in the basement with a bit of pure in the bottom and no cap. The tds was 002.

Dont worry about it.

Back