Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose inside or out.

I'd find a coiled hose on the outside a menace - like putting clothes on a clothes horse, radiator or washing line. What a faff. I did once try having the hose loose from the gooseneck and while it worked i was always concerned about the strain on the nylon tube fitting but admittled it does give the hose a lot more range if it hasn't got to go to the bottom of the pole and then up.

But no.. neither of those are right lol. Inside pole job for me.

Only briefly used it on the outside once on the last job of a day after I pulled too hard on a Univalve ?

Gave it a big yank and the hose came tumbling down the inside of the pole soaking me.  Didn't know what on earth was happening ?

Tried using it on the outside only did one job it was a pain very slow lowering the pole with it getting caught on the clamps it also flaps about getting caught on an Ariel, and satalight  dishes and gutter clips , never again ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Only once like davit pulled to hard and pulled hose out. Only had one upstairs do so just pushed hose into the brush and up it went. Flapping about slapping the wall got caught on the window sill and pulled off as I didn't bother with the clamp. Never again.

Used on outside when starting wfp using homemade Harris pole before buying a "proper" Pole. Worked ok for me, but seem to remember  water running down outside of pole more than when using pole with hose on the inside.

I I think my poles last a long while by being tubless and using a electric reel after each job I use a cloth cleaning the hose whilst reeling in so my hose is spotless after each house clean. 

Also so a little maintenance washing the pole each weekend for good measure. 

Back