smearclear

Pole hose inside or out.

smearclear

What do members think is better hose inside or out side the pole saves on cleaning the poles if out side.

Tango

I'd find a coiled hose on the outside a menace - like putting clothes on a clothes horse, radiator or washing line. What a faff. I did once try having the hose loose from the gooseneck and while it worked i was always concerned about the strain on the nylon tube fitting but admittled it does give the hose a lot more range if it hasn't got to go to the bottom of the pole and then up.

But no.. neither of those are right lol. Inside pole job for me.

RWCleaning

Anyone who works with there pole hose on the outside needs to leave here and join clean it up 

Davit

Only briefly used it on the outside once on the last job of a day after I pulled too hard on a Univalve 😫

Gave it a big yank and the hose came tumbling down the inside of the pole soaking me.  Didn't know what on earth was happening 😌

Pjj
Posted (edited)

Tried using it on the outside only did one job it was a pain very slow lowering the pole with it getting caught on the clamps it also flaps about getting caught on an Ariel, and satalight  dishes and gutter clips , never again 😬😬😬

Edited by Pjj

Eddie dragon

Only once like davit pulled to hard and pulled hose out. Only had one upstairs do so just pushed hose into the brush and up it went. Flapping about slapping the wall got caught on the window sill and pulled off as I didn't bother with the clamp. Never again.

steve garwood

Definitely inside. Just make sure you wash the pole through at the end of the day, or a couple of times a day when the ground is wet 

mike007

Used on outside when starting wfp using homemade Harris pole before buying a "proper" Pole. Worked ok for me, but seem to remember  water running down outside of pole more than when using pole with hose on the inside.

Den

I I think my poles last a long while by being tubless and using a electric reel after each job I use a cloth cleaning the hose whilst reeling in so my hose is spotless after each house clean. 

Also so a little maintenance washing the pole each weekend for good measure. 

Tango
3 hours ago, Den said:

I I think my poles last a long while by being tubless and using a electric reel after each job I use a cloth cleaning the hose whilst reeling in so my hose is spotless after each house clean. 

You've abandoned the trolley and air hose reel?

Robbo

Pole hose inside...pants outside!

Den
2 hours ago, Tango said:

You've abandoned the trolley and air hose reel?

Yes worked well but don’t use them anymore , only use the PF nano now again as my son works out of the van with me now.

smearclear

Thanks lads looks like it is inside that seems the way to go Thanks  Carl smearclear.