Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ian Lancaster franchise package

Adman

Good morning all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with the "Ian Lancaster franchise package". He posts on cleanitup, and seems like a nice guy.

Essentially, for £1500 you get all the legal paperwork and business planning aids to become your own franchisor:

http://www.jolisian.co.uk/jolisian.php

Doing this alone, i would expect the legal costs alone would be many times that amount.

Has anyone bought into this system here, or have any experience with it before I take the plunge?

Cheers

Ad

I haven't yet either, but drawing up an franchise agreement is quite a complicated document.  Not something I'd even attempt myself as the consequences of getting it wrong could be quite serious id imagine..

To those who have franchised their business @Green Pro Clean Ltd for instance, did you do all the legals yourself?  How much did it all cost if you don't mind me asking?

I haven't yet either, but drawing up an franchise agreement is quite a complicated document.  Not something I'd even attempt myself as the consequences of getting it wrong could be quite serious id imagine..

To those who have franchised their business @Green Pro Clean Ltd for instance, did you do all the legals yourself?  How much did it all cost if you don't mind me asking?
Once you've got the initial legal contract drawn up then there isn't anymore legal expense. You can then just change the names without charge. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I do indeed ? 4 guys with 2 ready to go very soon. 

Getting slow in your old age.. ?

4 is enough for me. May go to 5 if in right area but no more than that   

Save that £1500 and put it towards the £5k to £6k of legal expenses you'll incur setting up your franchise contracts.  

He is a nice guy.  His contract is seriously dated and I personally don't think it would hold water. 

Getting slow in your old age.. ?

4 is enough for me. May go to 5 if in right area but no more than that   

Save that £1500 and put it towards the £5k to £6k of legal expenses you'll incur setting up your franchise contracts.  

He is a nice guy.  His contract is seriously dated and I personally don't think it would hold water. 

I don't follow...doesn't the £1500 buy the franchise contract?

Obviously  ?

It buys you 'A' contract.... a dated antiquated contract that if I had seen it first I would not have bought..... obviously they won't show it to you till you paid for it. 

If I was going to pay that for it I would want to see what I was getting for my money , you wouldn’t buy a second hand car without driving it first . ??

Obviously  ?

It buys you 'A' contract.... a dated antiquated contract that if I had seen it first I would not have bought..... obviously they won't show it to you till you paid for it. 

Ok, that's pretty useful feedback ?

I have a solicitor in our extended family.  Perhaps if I do his windows for the next 500 years he could prepare one for me ?

It's a number of sheets of paper which will no doubt have to be amended, I really can't believe that someone would sell what is I would have thought a contract template for £1,500 surely it ain't worth the paper it's written on, see what I did there  ?

Im interested in franchising but it seems like you have to hand over a few grand to for a contract

why does it cost so much and what are you actually buying ? 

Ian Lancaster system is a good franchise system, it basically covers all your legal franchise documentation , so if a staff was to betray you he could not cos u got it all in the paperwork, u will have legal rights over him etc , u could even draw up your own documentation but for £1500 its money well spent if your wanting to become a big franchise.

I was looking at it a while ago i even had a chat with Ian Lancaster on the phone and his system is decent from what i heard.

You should ring him and have a chat with him he will answer any question.

I decided not to franchise, assigning my own staff to work for my company suits me more ? 

Good morning all,

I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with the "Ian Lancaster franchise package". He posts on cleanitup, and seems like a nice guy.

Essentially, for £1500 you get all the legal paperwork and business planning aids to become your own franchisor:

http://www.jolisian.co.uk/jolisian.php

Doing this alone, i would expect the legal costs alone would be many times that amount.

Has anyone bought into this system here, or have any experience with it before I take the plunge?

Cheers

Ad

It really is quite straight forward I am sorry but but I'm struggling to see why there's any confusion. 

You want to franchise your company. 

You want someone to pay you several thousand pounds plus on going service fees for the privilege of operating under your 'brand'

Therefore you need a contract that lays out what they can expect from you and what you can expect from them. 

If you think you can squiggle this up on the back of a *** packet go right ahead and good luck to you.  

Now a contract that suits a McDonalds franchise might not be suitable for say a Dominos franchisee........ but hold on...... 'they're both fast food franchises so surely I can just copy that contract and change the names'I hear you say.. 

Do you see the point? 

Put it another way... @Part Timer does a lot of commercial works where we specialize in domestic so should both our expectations of our franchisees and their expectations of us be the same?  

Ian Lancaster is a nice guy, a very nice guy.  However had I realized at the time the amount of reworking and costs involved in making the contract suitable for us and modern times then I would be £1500 better off today.  

Setting up a franchise is expensive anyone thay has done so can vouch for that if you want to take short cuts and try to 'penny pinch' sooner or later it will be VERY expensive. 

People whom have set up franchise operations with any success will be very reluctant to share how they did it or any information regarding contracts or how to get franchisees etc... after all we all had to learn the hard way and struggle to work it out so why would we give away this information for nothing? 

More accurately (and not being harsh here) @adamangler wants to franchise his company in Wakefield, why would I help him do that when instead I could focus same energy and try to sell a franchise there instead? 

Much of this may sound selfish, and perhaps to a degree it is but like in all other areas of the business it is only my business I am interested in expanding as it's my business that puts food on the table. 

Setting up a franchise is hard, it is graft and it takes time and funds but any of you can do it after all I did but no one will give you the info for nothing. It is information that is too hard won to be given away. 

It really is quite straight forward I am sorry but but I'm struggling to see why there's any confusion. 

You want to franchise your company. 

You want someone to pay you several thousand pounds plus on going service fees for the privilege of operating under your 'brand'

Therefore you need a contract that lays out what they can expect from you and what you can expect from them. 

If you think you can squiggle this up on the back of a *** packet go right ahead and good luck to you.  

Now a contract that suits a McDonalds franchise might not be suitable for say a Dominos franchisee........ but hold on...... 'they're both fast food franchises so surely I can just copy that contract and change the names'I hear you say.. 

Do you see the point? 

Put it another way... @Part Timer does a lot of commercial works where we specialize in domestic so should both our expectations of our franchisees and their expectations of us be the same?  

Ian Lancaster is a nice guy, a very nice guy.  However had I realized at the time the amount of reworking and costs involved in making the contract suitable for us and modern times then I would be £1500 better off today.  

Setting up a franchise is expensive anyone thay has done so can vouch for that if you want to take short cuts and try to 'penny pinch' sooner or later it will be VERY expensive. 

People whom have set up franchise operations with any success will be very reluctant to share how they did it or any information regarding contracts or how to get franchisees etc... after all we all had to learn the hard way and struggle to work it out so why would we give away this information for nothing? 

More accurately (and not being harsh here) @adamangler wants to franchise his company in Wakefield, why would I help him do that when instead I could focus same energy and try to sell a franchise there instead? 

Much of this may sound selfish, and perhaps to a degree it is but like in all other areas of the business it is only my business I am interested in expanding as it's my business that puts food on the table. 

Setting up a franchise is hard, it is graft and it takes time and funds but any of you can do it after all I did but no one will give you the info for nothing. It is information that is too hard won to be given away. 

Hi Green

I'm not sure of any confusion either.  I'm only asking if people who purchased the "system" off Ian Lancaster think it was worth the £1500 or not.  I'm not asking for a free ticket and have a reasonable amount of commercial experience to know what I will need to get to my end goals.  I'll continue to research the most effective ways to get there...

Hi Green

I'm not sure of any confusion either.  I'm only asking if people who purchased the "system" off Ian Lancaster think it was worth the £1500 or not.  I'm not asking for a free ticket and have a reasonable amount of commercial experience to know what I will need to get to my end goals.  I'll continue to research the most effective ways to get there...
U can buy my system of me if u want mate, i only charge £500.00 and u get to learn the ins and outs of the window cleaning world u will also learn how to grow your business in a lucrative residential platform which can be more profitable then commercial window cleaning ?

Ian Lancaster has just been undercut ? ?

U can buy my system of me if u want mate, i only charge £500.00 and u get to learn the ins and outs of the window cleaning world u will also learn how to grow your business in a lucrative residential platform which can be more profitable then commercial window cleaning ?

Ian Lancaster has just been undercut ? ?

That's very generous, but unless it includes a franchising contract specific to window cleaning then it's not going to be huge value to me ?

Latest Posts

Back