Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sunglasses looking for recommendations

Chris34

The glare on the glass is now getting to me, probably damaging my sight.  I lost a pair on a job but they were too dark anyway and I found they would fog up.  What's the best type to get for window cleaning?

Screwfix seem to have a few on good prices but I don't want to end up with another pair not up to the job so I would be grateful for any recommendations.

Chris.

You need sunglasses with polarised lenses which cut out the glare, they can be bought cheaply from a fishing tackle supplier, I wear ray-bans which for me wearing prescription glasses are cheaper than no make prescription glasses with polarised lenses.  

I get the darkened protection glasses from tool station.

They are the lightest (in weight) glasses you’ll ever rest on your nose.

They aren’t too dark either, meaning you can keep them on even in the shady areas of the house.

And the best part of all? There around £3 a pair ?

Screwfix ones are great only about £3 a pair i go through loads of them. Just buy 3 pairs at a time keep the spares in the glove department. I use them all year round as my eyes are so sensitive to the sun. Id be blind by now not having them 

Bought 2 pairs last week from the pound shop.

£1 a pair (surprisingly)

They are supposed to be cycling glasses, they work great .

Last edited by a moderator:
Good affordable quality brands of safety glasses - 

Bolle

Eyres

Can be bought from Ebay Amazon or Screwfix come in huge range of styles and lenses.

I currently use a set of Eyres with foam back as the last construction site I worked on the highest recordable injury on site was dust in eyes so they made everyone wear them.

Back