Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One off inside and out clean price

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R wcs

Evening guys!!

got a phone call asking if I could come and clean this place inside and out ,  

i have give them a price and they have accepted it,

just wanting see what the rest of my fellow windys would charge , just see if I have got it right ,

what you see on photos is what I have priced it 

375A9357-8A32-417D-9688-68D99ED35404.jpeg

72C57CB9-8D81-4A03-A4F8-57A357C0779D.jpeg

people will say too low, maybe right, but from what i can see £40 to £50. Dont look too bad, outside quick enough, inside squeeg and blade. Not much more than an hour if your quick enough.

people will say too low, maybe right, but from what i can see £40 to £50. Dont look too bad, outside quick enough, inside squeeg and blade. Not much more than an hour if your quick enough.
I priced it at £120 , 

ive give me self hour and half todo it 

to be far mate , I charge 40-50 for out/in clean on a 2bed terrace 

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I change that to £60 to £65.

I priced it at £120 , 

Yes, I like it, get what you can. I am guilty of undercharging  to be fair. Something Im slowly working on. I tend to undercharge, and then realize the mistake, and then have to go like the clappers to make it worthwhile. Daft I know. Its why I like the bog standard outside of a 2/3bed semi, 8 windows, £12 to £15, takes 15 minutes, everyones happy. I never like quoting large/different jobs. 

Actually, I change that to £60 to £65.

Yes, I like it, get what you can. I am guilty of undercharging  to be fair. Something Im slowly working on. I tend to undercharge, and then realize the mistake, and then have to go like the clappers to make it worthwhile. Daft I know. Its why I like the bog standard outside of a 2/3bed semi, 8 windows, £12 to £15, takes 15 minutes, everyones happy. I never like quoting large/different jobs. 
Saying that, I cant be doing too bad, as I did the outside of a biggish place last week, huge conservatory on it, which they wanted inside of conny doing too, I charged £70 but it only took an hour and half. In my book thats plenty good enough hourly rate. But i do work fair quick, coz im a skinny b'stard ?

Yeah, I'd be around the 70 pound mark, think you've done well to get it at 120 unless they're filthy. 
It’s in a nice Area , Darras hall,

So am thinking would of been cleaned regular, anyways I’ll let yous no how I got on as am going be starting it at 6 o’clock ,

Saying that, I cant be doing too bad, as I did the outside of a biggish place last week, huge conservatory on it, which they wanted inside of conny doing too, I charged £70 but it only took an hour and half. In my book thats plenty good enough hourly rate. But i do work fair quick, coz im a skinny b'stard ?
2 hours no more less I’ve under priced it (my hourly rate)

Call was form the Estate agent , hopefully this will help me get more work from them 

Last edited by a moderator:
For me looking at the windows I can see it would be £160 first clean and then £110 every 4 weeks, inside and out.  

Time wise which is probably more relevant. it's 2.5 hours regular.  

So am thinking would of been cleaned regular, anyways I’ll let yous no how I got on as am going be starting it at 6 o’clock ,

Fair dos, gives you time do a good quality job too.

For me looking at the windows I can see it would be £160 first clean and then £110 every 4 weeks, inside and out.  

Time wise which is probably more relevant. it's 2.5 hours regular.  
Probably wouldnt want insides done every 4 weeks, outsides regular reckon i could do in half hour and Id probably charge £30. Maybe different, pictures can be deceptive. i did a large old manor house place yesterday, looked massive, georgian windows etc, charged £40 but only took half hour. I darent push it much higher lol.

Call was form the Estate agent , hopefully this will help me get more work from them 
I always found, in my experience it takes a long time to get paid for work done for third parties (landlords and house sellers etc) through estate agents. Now I tell them I'll do the work but they have to receive the payment in advance and hold it ready to pay me promptly on completion. Folk generally want the work done ASAP but think they can pay when they might get round to it. 

I always found, in my experience it takes a long time to get paid for work done for third parties (landlords and house sellers etc) through estate agents. Now I tell them I'll do the work but they have to receive the payment in advance and hold it ready to pay me promptly on completion. Folk generally want the work done ASAP but think they can pay when they might get round to it. 
Spot on with that ,

payment is cash ,  they wanted it done this afternoon, so told them evening time and want cash payment,

I priced it at £120 , 

I priced it at £120 , 

Thats the sort of price I would have gone with , we always charge at least double the going rate for outsides if it’s a one off the inside we would do but Ime not keen on inside work and would normally say no but on this job would do it . 

Looking at it again Ime assuming it’s not a builders clean that they want is it ?? If it is then the price would be around £400 + 

I'm wondering how OP is going to clean the Velux and apex windows inside?

We use a little giant ladder for stuff like this 99 times out of 100 you can get to them 

Little update , tuck me 2hours , 

wasnt a builders clean , somebody has just bought it, 

Velux windows turned inside , no issues,

new home owner was moving stuff in as I was cleaning , he wants me back 4weekly 

at price £40 outside

every 12 weeks inside - £ 60 

cash was waiting on aide table for me

guy from estate agent rang me before thanking me and from now on I will be there goto guy, very pleased with the outcome ,

May let it continue 

That’s what I thought when I first seen photos , hoped that the apex windows wasn’t size of the room ,  that wasn’t the case ,  house had 3 levels 

at price £40 outside

guy from estate agent rang me before thanking me and from now on I will be there goto guy, very pleased with the outcome ,

May let it continue 

That’s what I thought when I first seen photos , hoped that the apex windows wasn’t size of the room ,  that wasn’t the case ,  house had 3 levels 
Well done just got yourself a £14 a week pay rise

at price £40 outside

May let it continue 

Great stuff! Glad it all went well for you. ? ? 

Back