Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water flow taking longer to stop (Via one stop)

ks789

Hi all

just noticed something today, when pressing the fob on the remote one stop, to stop the controller/water flow, the water flow seems to keep flowing longer than usual. Its only just started doing this. Wonder if anyone else ever had this? Also had a bit extra water leaking from the reel but I wouldnt have thought this was connected. To see what that is, when Ive access to a decent size garden, at my friends I'll unreel all the hose, turn on the flow and see whats happening. Maybe need extra ppf tape.

Any help/ideas much appreciated.

Hi all

just noticed something today, when pressing the fob on the remote one stop, to stop the controller/water flow, the water flow seems to keep flowing longer than usual. Its only just started doing this. Wonder if anyone else ever had this? Also had a bit extra water leaking from the reel but I wouldnt have thought this was connected. To see what that is, when Ive access to a decent size garden, at my friends I'll unreel all the hose, turn on the flow and see whats happening. Maybe need extra ppf tape.

Any help/ideas much appreciated.
It’s because the weather is warmer mate.

You have to press the fob earlier down the window as the weather warms up ?

Exactly as @steve garwood says. Warmer water means the hose swells a little under pressure and it takes time for the hose to reduce back to its original size squeezing more water out.

Your pump would have switched off just as quickly as it always has done but it takes longer for the excess water to dissipate.

Back