Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leaking DI vessel fittings on van mount

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

I recently got a van mount system installed by window cleaning warehouse - the DI tank filters my water between the tank and the power reel hose. It uses Claber connectors to attach the hose to the DI vessel. I have had leaks since about a month after I got the system - although it’s only a small amount if water leaking in time it’s going to rot the wooden base below the tank. I asked WCW about the leaks and they sent my two new Claber hose connector clips but still leaking. 

I want to try replacing these with something else more

solid to try and pinpoint the leak ( really hoping it’s jut this and not a leak

from somewhere else in the system like the hoses below the tank or the actual tank). Any suggestions on better DI tank hose connectors please  

EE0A0968-5A6E-498D-895B-F628806CBE65.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try replacing the rubber o rings on the male fitting this will generaly stop this happening. There are a number of better quality fittings available from most suppliers but evan the cheapies shouldn’t leak if maintained 

I replaced both the male and female fittings with brand new replacement  claber parts that wcw sent me free and it’s still leaking. Also I ptfe taped the DI vessel head and also ptfe taped both male screw in parts. Kinda strange for it to be leaking unless it’s just the claber fittings are no good or it’s leaking somewhere else 

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/sale-134.html there are some for sale on this page but they may be too big to fit within the space provided on your tank as they are a longer fitting, the hose on the right looks bent so this might be part of the issue, surely for the side were the hose is going up it would be better to have an elbow on that side ?

Yes I agree the hose entering at an angle could be the problem - the hoses are cable tied in this formation and I wouldn’t be able to change them much as it would mean unscrewing the van mount tank which I wouldn’t want to do to replace them with longer hoses.

This is common on DI vessels , ive been using DIS for years now , i have now got 2x4 DI vessels on each tap and i can tell you these vessels can get leaky but u need high quality hose connectors (b and q or hoslock ones) 

Make sure evetything is tight 100% especially the vessel head it needs to always be extra tight

Plus.... make sure your head is screwed on straight as sometimes the threads can make the head go on at a slant which causes a little trickling leak if that makes sense ! 

i DI my water every evening after work...it takes 20--30 mins to purify 500l for my next days work.i never keep the vessels in my van for this very reason(plus they take up space and weight)...ive never been able to get a complete leak free DI vessel in 9 years of WFP!ive tried all sorts of connectors both plastic and metal connectors and still they leak a bit.....?

i DI my water every evening after work...it takes 20--30 mins to purify 500l for my next days work.i never keep the vessels in my van for this very reason(plus they take up space and weight)...ive never been able to get a complete leak free DI vessel in 9 years of WFP!ive tried all sorts of connectors both plastic and metal connectors and still they leak a bit.....?

I have a 25 ltr di vessel in my van for nearly 5 years now and not had so much as a single drip from it , use decent fittings , and ptfe  on the male ends and it will be fine 

Thanks guys for the advice really appreciated - will try some better connectors and then if that doesn’t work I will get the vessel out and put it by the tap ? 

Back