Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Apartments block

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joe Preston

Hi guys, just after a bit of advice on pricing this job up..  3 storey block of apartments, 30 apartments with 4/5 windows per apartment... also some moss ect on some of the frame work.. just want advice for pricing  first clean then price for 4 weekly or 8 weekly.. thanks in advance guys..

20190527_163121.jpg

20190527_163249.jpg

20190527_162909.jpg

20190527_162906.jpg

20190527_163530.jpg

We would be in the region of £ 250-300 for  a regular clean and first clean double the price , but if you really want the job then probably have to wave a first clean price , make sure before you do any work you get in writing a contract for at least a year , stuff like that is usually done on a 6-8 weekly cycle we do lots like this for management companies and our own customers nice easy little job that will come up like new .

Thank you pjj for your advice, I'll make sure I get at least a year contract.. That's the sort of price I thought.. just didn't know about a first clean price.. once again thanks for your advice 

Lack of cleaning would seriously put me off, id want to know why they're in such a bad state.

Id be looking at about £150-£250 depending on frequency. It would be a very easy job to do, especially round the rear. 

If they're was defiantly a regular contract going I would waive a first clean price tbh. 

Most important thing is keeping the occupants in the loop if you get the contract IE WINDOWS CLOSED!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers damon, I'm in contact with 3 of the occupants as I do there windows once a month. So I do 3 flats on there and they stand out from the rest.. they've just had a company doing them for 2 visits and they didn't do a good job, There also in a state because the previous landlord wouldn't pay to have them done... There under new owners now.. 

That all makes sense now! We've just picked up another block of flats but it's just communal windows as they don't have to clean the residents windows. I've not even done the first clean yet and already given out two cards. For me its a sprat to catch a mackerel. I am happy with the communal windows as its a new area for us and already got a small commercial job!

Without trying to sound rude but it doesn't look the nicest place in Salford and the majority will probably be rentals. By the looks of the grass I think there has been a new property management company brought in to tidy the place up. The buy to let owners will not want to be spending a penny more then they have to as this will affect their yield. Every flat has an air vent ? and if they haven't been cleaned in a while could be very dirty. I do 2 blocks with similar sized apartments,1 or 2 bed, the ones I do are 4 floors and 16 apartments per block. I charge £70 a block and do the 32 apartments in just over 3 hours. I email the management company 2 weeks before doing them letting them know the day I'll be there. I then ask them to tell residents to shut all air vents and windows and that I'm not responsible when I clean them if any water goes through the vents.  

Part timer your right there as been a new property management team brought in to run it.. Its in a good part of Salford it's just the old management have let it get out of hand.. 

Without trying to sound rude but it doesn't look the nicest place in Salford and the majority will probably be rentals. By the looks of the grass I think there has been a new property management company brought in to tidy the place up. The buy to let owners will not want to be spending a penny more then they have to as this will affect their yield. Every flat has an air vent ? and if they haven't been cleaned in a while could be very dirty. I do 2 blocks with similar sized apartments,1 or 2 bed, the ones I do are 4 floors and 16 apartments per block. I charge £70 a block and do the 32 apartments in just over 3 hours. I email the management company 2 weeks before doing them letting them know the day I'll be there. I then ask them to tell residents to shut all air vents and windows and that I'm not responsible when I clean them if any water goes through the vents.  
Them flats just off Kenton roundabout? 

Back