Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Equipment help.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andrewdavis

Hi all iam new to window cleaning I'm looking to start small and build around my full time job so I can make the move to window cleaning been my full time work looking for some poi terms on what to buy so I don't end up spending to much on gear. Any tips would be greatly appreciated 

Hi and welcome.

Unger sells starter kits of various sizes, and I do believe some of the larger suppliers sell their own kits as well.

Just get the basic stuff first, 35cm squeegee, applicator, bucket, soap, cloths and a small scraper. You also need a ladder if you intend to do higher work, though a lot can be done with a pole it requires experience.

Then add on to your collection as you see the need.

Thanks nudel

My main worry was buying things to big like the squeegee and tbar I have reserved a few items like the starter kit and the place I work sells in extendable ladders so I can get them at there price not what we sell them to customers at. Any pointers on pricing don't want to be doing myself out our massively undercutting and putting myself in a bad possition 

With pricing best to workout what you want to earn per hour then work out how long it will take you to clean the house and price accordingly, does take time to get it right, and you will under price some but if you think if you're there cleaning a house you have more chance picking up more customers so dont get to worried if you slightly underestimate the first few. Can make it up along the way.

6 inch Squeegee - 10 inch and 14 inch will cover almost everything. Applicator.  Bunch of rags and a fee microfiber / scrims a good scraper with spare blades. Ubik 2000 and a bottle of unger rub out. Some cheap scourers sponges. 

Belt with pockets is useful as well.  Oblong bucket. Or to go cheap a roller bucket from b&q. 

Don't just practice your house or you will be really good at doing windows like yours. Also do as many family houses as possible and even look out for places like empty shops etc. Great for practice.

Back