Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Male/Female window cleaners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mupps

Just interested to see how many female window cleaners there are on this forum. My wife helps me from time to time and her daughter also, and there are two female window cleaners near to me as well. The industry generally seems to be a male environment. Thoughts and comments please.

We did have Baccy and Shazza here when I joined and I know one other in Leicester and one in Mansfield.   The industry is still male dominated as ladder work was not the cup of tea of most women.  I think it's that simple.  It may change now we evolve into the WFP world more but we shall see.   Also traditionally outdoor work has been more male driven as many ladies wont care for harsh winters.  

During WW2 however the industry was dominated by ladies carrying ladders. 

4080794549_724861ba06_z.jpg

the-employmentof-women-on-the-home-front-1914-1918-a-female-worker-of-the-mayfair-window-clean...jpg

Xpic003.jpg

We did have Baccy and Shazza here when I joined and I know one other in Leicester and one in Mansfield.   The industry is still male dominated as ladder work was not the cup of tea of most women.  I think it's that simple.  It may change now we evolve into the WFP world more but we shall see.   Also traditionally outdoor work has been more male driven as many ladies wont care for harsh winters.  

During WW2 however the industry was dominated by ladies carrying ladders. 

View attachment 16592

View attachment 16593

View attachment 16594
Interesting Darren.... those ladders don't look anywhere near as sturdy as the ladders of today ?. Thanks for the info though....??

Back