Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

customer says thay transfured the payment ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

riggy

seem to have a payment problem with customer.  invoiced a customer with my bank transfur details for a payment.  after nearly coulpe weeks I still havent received the payment. so email them a reminder woth bank details again. hoped to get some kind of responce back quickly but I hear nothing back. time passes and so then I email them again a week later. I get a reply saying oh so sorry I forgot. i say no probs its easy to forget, and also attach my bank details as I have done so on every email I have sent them regarding this.   so another week gose by...and still nothing comes thought to me. I cheak my paper statment and my online statements, theres nothing from them. So I email them again with another reminder saying I still havnt received the payment is everything ok your end ?  

now there saying,  Im sorry but I have sent it and thay have attached a screen shot of there online statement with my name and a - 165 next to it....?  no other details next to my name its just a screen shot of a list of out going money one of the outgoings having my name next to it.  trouble is I know its not arrived in my account. I sent another email saying ok im not sure whats happpend there, can you please just double cheak that u tyed my account number and sort code in corrctly as one diget wrong and it could have wired into someone elses account maybe ?  I have now heard nothing back from them all be it only afew hours ago.  

i dont know if this is just a fob of tatic or thay have made a mastake in the account number. judging from the screen shot thay seem to really think thay have sent it. althow theres no banking details in the screen shot. just my name thay would have typed in themselfs as a reff.  if thay were genuine u'd think thay would cheak and atleast let me know there going look at the account numbers.   

has anyone ever had a situation like this ?  dose it sound like a fob off to you ? or am i just being paranoid. has anyone ever hurd of money being wrongly wired befor ? its annoying cause Iv made every effort to be clear and make sure nothing gose wrong.  

Yes I had exactly the same situation the customer had been paying on line for several years no problem, then payment stopped, he owed me 4x£10 so total of £40 I saw him and spoke to him about it he said that he had paid it   , he evan showed me that he had paid  it from his lap top it all looked legit , I never did have it show up on my bank statement or on line banking , but the next month and ever since he pays on the nail like he always had done , and it’s showing up on my statements , I ended up doing nothing about it as I couldn’t be bothered to go and Perdue it with the bank as the time involved would have cost me far more than the £40 !!!!!!!????

wich bank are you with ? im with natwest. was he able to show the account trasfur details on his statment ?  where the frig is this money going if its being sent somewhere but not to where its ment to be going ? its difficult cause it can leave a feeling of bad will between the two partys. and if no ones lying but the moneys disapeared then both going be left feeling the other ones tired to cheat them. 

wich bank are you with ? im with natwest. was he able to show the account trasfur details on his statment ?  where the frig is this money going if its being sent somewhere but not to where its ment to be going ? its difficult cause it can leave a feeling of bad will between the two partys. and if no ones lying but the moneys disapeared then both going be left feeling the other ones tired to cheat them. 

Ime with lloyds 

A few years ago I chased a client for an outstanding debt and she swore blind she had paid it, but what I found out after a decent discussion was that she paid it using my mobile number which meant the payment was made to my personal bank account not my business account. 

But if they've paid and entered a wrong number when doing so then the money could have gone anywhere, but you could be getting fobbed off as it's took them weeks to get around to paying you. 

Latest Posts

Back