Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sorry guys another price up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BlueClearChoice

Evening all. 

Just wanted to ask how much you reckon for all the whites again. Gutters and fascias and the garage doors. 

ECD21BF1-451F-4350-8662-33246B9060CF.png

C77F5D53-0240-4121-AA9E-669ECBD2E661.png

E9D9A75E-C65E-4E13-9333-053BECF1FD15.png

All this on the front 

4F440B19-E413-451F-B780-F404B3075CD1.jpeg

Wow, I thought that was cheap. Even I would want more than that. You'll have to dry all the soffits to prevent spotting. I'd want £200 up here because after doing that I'd have a sore neck

I agree £200 would be nice , but Ime sure I could do that in an absolute maximum time of 2 hours taking it easy including doing the windows so it’s £80 an hour for very easy work , I would rather quote £160 and get the job rather than £200 and not 

Think the 2 big triangle fascia are a good 30 minutes each. Quite often the muck under each ridge has unforseen dirt that takes a few washes to clean and rinse. The soffits will need to be dried, otherwise they'll spot as they're very dirty. 

Really ???? I would spray it with a virosol mix light rub with the pole rinse with garden hose no more than 5-10 muinits Max surely ?. With regards to drying soffits generally we only need to do this if they are vented, we would clean the whole place then go back round with the pole and brush shake the water off the brush wipe it along 4-6 feet of soffit shake the water off the brush and go round the whole place like that 99% of the time it will look fine on the odd occasion it will draw dirt out of the vents or edges and a further going over with a dry brush may be needed . I did a decent sized bungalow on Thursday with a small conservatory without the triangle plastic bits in exactly an hour from start to finish and that included doing the conservatory roof as well but it was tinted polycarbonate so didn’t take long . 

The joys of different eyes, and experience. The fascia above the windows looks very dirty to me. Don't know if there's access to tap so assuming only got WFP. The side of the building looks a good 25m long with dirty gutters and wide soffits. Anyway back to "For a few dollars more"

Wow, I thought that was cheap. Even I would want more than that. You'll have to dry all the soffits to prevent spotting. I'd want £200 up here because after doing that I'd have a sore neck
It's only a bungalow you wouldn't have to look up that much ?, looks an easy job to me as there is no green 

Really ???? I would spray it with a virosol mix light rub with the pole rinse with garden hose no more than 5-10 muinits Max surely ?. With regards to drying soffits generally we only need to do this if they are vented, we would clean the whole place then go back round with the pole and brush shake the water off the brush wipe it along 4-6 feet of soffit shake the water off the brush and go round the whole place like that 99% of the time it will look fine on the odd occasion it will draw dirt out of the vents or edges and a further going over with a dry brush may be needed . I did a decent sized bungalow on Thursday with a small conservatory without the triangle plastic bits in exactly an hour from start to finish and that included doing the conservatory roof as well but it was tinted polycarbonate so didn’t take long . 
Shake Senora   ?

Best thing I have used for dry soffits is the vikan pad internal pad adapter I find it easier than wrapping a towel around the brush also the unger fixi clamp is great for holding a towel. 

You will I’ll have to have a extra beer or two to sooth that neck ?

Last week that would have been a months salary for you!  ???

Cleaning windows and painting last week. Got talking to a landscape brickie working next door. I mentioned when I price a job too cheap its a nightmare and never goes well. He said he was working for a professor who told him the reason. When you price a job wrong you feel unwell in many ways and don't want to be there. So you cant concentrate and begin to worry about the job and don't even want to do a good job. Price a job correct and you are looking forward to finishing it and collecting the cash. First time in my life I have found out the reason and now take my time pricing jobs. Made £700 this week but it was a hard slog, I have never been busier so I can even turn down work if it doesn't fit my profile. :1f609:

Watch out on those fascia triangles or cladding it can be deceiving, you can clean it and will look fine from the ground but there will still be green caught in the lower part of the ridges you’ll need to angle your brush downwards a lot of the time to get it off. I spotted this when i looked out of a dormer window to “pink stuff the dormer sill” and thought bloomin heck lucky its me looking out here & not the custy. Gutter brackets also, and the lip where fascias & gutter meet, it theres two places dirt is likely to be stubborn to remove it’s there. Also what many peoole don’t check or clean is the back of the gutter hidden against the fascia. Get your de-greaser and brush up in there if you can as its often not tight to the fascia. Not noticeable to the “glance over” eye but when having a good look it will be noticeable especially on a bungalow. Dont worry too much about time taken, the idea is that you get paid and dont have to come back again to sort out something unsatisfactory. 

Part timers right a wipe down of the fascia lip is often needed as fine dirt particles that have flushed down during rinsing will sit in the drips and once dry it will be noticeable. Soffits often the same case. 

Back