Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Moerman excelerator 2

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mupps

Well it's here and I've just ordered one from the window cleaning warehouse - the Moerman Excelerator 2. Can't wait to give it a go when it arrives. I'll post a review once I've had a chance to trial it over a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I haven't had any problems with the excelerator. I'm assuming that the mk2 will be even better. So far it has enabled me to clean some awkward windows without any fuss. Also the reduction of detailing has been a great advantage - yes I know it takes a bit of getting used to but it soon becomes second nature. 

More bits of plastic to break . Why do you need  -5 and -10 angles think will save myself £4 and get standard excelerator , got sucked into buying contour handle complete waste of money . Don't see the need for a spring it just encourages you to put more pressure on then knackered my wrist with extra strain .

They have just copied the contour pro plus handle and put a locking mechanism in it. Still cant see anything beating the contour pro plus.
Sorry, nothing like the Contour Pro. The main driver for the design was Wagtail. Excelerator + Fliq on a pole is part of my day to day kit. I personally never use the lock but the angle changes are invaluable. I have 4 of them (overkill) because I thought they may be somewhat fragile (they’re not). For the last few months I’ve been testing the Excelerator 2 prototype and it is an improvement in all areas. Tighter more stable angle changes and pivot, excellent close out with the redesign. The 2 negative angle which I thought initially were totally unnecessary have proved very useful. An excellent upgrade from the original.

so when do you use negative angle
Hi Paul. I have a home where the high (at about 10ft) internal windows are on 3 walls. They’re a series of panes 12”x36”. You can’t close out to the bottom because of a deepish ledge so the -10°, with long shallow reach is perfect for fanning and closing out to the side. I’ve also had good success with the negative with long reach over bushes and also below knee level. 

Hi Paul. I have a home where the high (at about 10ft) internal windows are on 3 walls. They’re a series of panes 12”x36”. You can’t close out to the bottom because of a deepish ledge so the -10°, with long shallow reach is perfect for fanning and closing out to the side. I’ve also had good success with the negative with long reach over bushes and also below knee level. 

Hi Eric, I assume that you are talking of a prototype not out yet as I am here looking at an Excelerator handle and can't see any negative degree settings on it just 40, 25 and 10 no -10

Mine was delivered to me two days ago from the window cleaning warehouse. I used it yesterday afternoon and have been using it today (Thursday). It is a superb piece of kit and I'm very impressed by its performance.

Back