Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Knocking doors when is best ?

I will also say only canvas doors for 3 to 4 hours maximum unless of course you are on a roll if you try to go out and do a 8-hour canvassing session and you're having a bad day of it it will be the most crushing thing you've probably ever done

I will also say only canvas doors for 3 to 4 hours maximum unless of course you are on a roll if you try to go out and do a 8-hour canvassing session and you're having a bad day of it it will be the most crushing thing you've probably ever done
Unless you're a spurs fan, then you will be used to disappointment ?

What do you reckon is the best time to knock doors? In the week day evenings? Saturday? Or just during working hours? 
Speaking from experience but outside of window cleaning here. Professional canvassing companies knock doors between 12-4 and then go back between 5-7 to houses that didn't answer.

Personally I've had the best luck just knocking the doors around where I'm cleaning, in sight of the van. I also find canvassed customers are the least reliable.

If there are two of you its handy to knock on streets that you have customers on while one of you are cleaning a property opposite so when you talk to the potential customers you can point and use it as a social conditioner. I've knocked doors with my brother who has a round of his own and we find this works well.

Speaking from experience but outside of window cleaning here. Professional canvassing companies knock doors between 12-4 and then go back between 5-7 to houses that didn't answer.

Personally I've had the best luck just knocking the doors around where I'm cleaning, in sight of the van. I also find canvassed customers are the least reliable.

intresting point. if you have found canvassed customers the least reliable. which do you find are the most reliable ?

intresting point. if you have found canvassed customers the least reliable. which do you find are the most reliable ?
In order I've found....

1 - Referrals

2 - Walk Up's

3 - Local community magazine advert

4 - Leaflets

5 - Facebook

6 - Spotted the van or uniform

7 - Canvassing

The problem is you need canvassing to get the ball rolling. It just means you might get 50% cancellations at first, not the end of the world really long term, just really really annoying.

In order I've found....

1 - Referrals

2 - Walk Up's

3 - Local community magazine advert

4 - Leaflets

5 - Facebook

6 - Spotted the van or uniform

7 - Canvassing

The problem is you need canvassing to get the ball rolling. It just means you might get 50% cancellations at first, not the end of the world really long term, just really really annoying.

Spot on.

Anytime someone approaches you with prompt they will be the best leads, referals, walk up or Google search.

If they need promoting i.e leaflets, online ads they will be not quite as good.

And where you've put them on the spot or twisted their arm i.e canvassing they will be pretty poor leads 

But the flip side to that is canvassing will always produce the most compact work so it's worth doing despite how frustrating it is.

Latest Posts

Back