Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning software

mikey2703

Hi all.

I've been a user of Cleaner planner for the last 4 years, and received an invoice for this years subscription. We have 5 users so pay the higher rate. 

However I fell off my chair with the price hike. Last year I paid £275.00 plus VAT for one off payment for the year. Seemed a reasonable figure. 

This year the invoice is for £539.00- NO VAT just a gross figure. That means pretty much a 100% hike. 

There have been no upgrades or improvements to the software certainly not at the front end- ie for you and me. They are running a Beta program for route optimisation which doesn't work if the houses have names incidentally and they won't appear to address the problem. Can't see how they can justify the rise. 

Anyway. That's my rant. Anyone else had the same problem? Is there anything else out there as which is similar and cheaper? 

Glad you posted about this, I haven't heard a single thing about an increase in the pipeline but just checking on price plans and despite a £5 drop previously from £30 to £25 because of no vat since been bought out the pro plan which I am on now shows a monthly price of £29.00, you would have thought we should have all got an email about any forthcoming increase  

My bill came in at just under £900 wasn’t impressed lol as I paid less than £350 last year. It’s been sorted though. 

My bill came in at just under £900 wasn’t impressed lol as I paid less than £350 last year. It’s been sorted though. 
Damo have you been in contact with CP and if so what did they say regarding the increase, I have emailed them this morning to query the increase, but as yet as far as I am aware I am still paying £25 a month but my next payment isn't due for a few days 

@THL4KEL do you know something we don't know ???? 

Hi Damo, 

Would also like to hear what they have done for you.

. I emailed them and their response was there is a lot of talk of investment in servers, accountancy software, great value for money etc etc. However I haven't seen any update in over two years. They have started a beta program on route optimisation, however it doesn't work if houses have names- only street numbers. No warning of the price increase- just slapped it on. 

Incidentally, just a side topic on the same CP program- Does your computer take ages to load each page with the wheel spinning. Ive fibre broadband here and still takes forever to load if I update anything.

I had my accountant as a user so they wanted an extra £200 odd quid for him. 

They also put one of my franchisees on my bill for some reason so that was taken off. 

There has been under the bonnet changes I have noticed and there was an update for the app a few weeks or so ago, it never pops up in updates so you have to go into the app store and do it 

Hi Iron Giant 
                      You have not received any notice because there hasn't been any notice to our monthly customers. But since you asked. Eventually, we need to bring all our customers to our current prices
- Our public pricing has been up for more than a year. We are only moving annual customers to that price now. All new customers have been on it since last year and shortly we will move monthly customers to it too. You will hear of this with ample time.
- By eliminating VAT our customers are saving a lot of money. For most of our customers, the YEARLY cost of CleanerPlanner is a few days worth of work. For most customers, the price remains the same/increases modestly after taking the VAT into account.
- Just the general cost of doing business rises every year, and we have doubled our server capacity for smoother performance and are working on features like Route Optimization Beta and Accounting Integration which all requires additional resources.

Customers have asked us to continue investing in our business, develop features and making the software even better, all of that takes additional resources.

Once again let me clarify you haven't heard anything because there hasn't been any notice to our monthly customers yet.

Back