Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Traditional Round For Sale - Tameside

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SK91JC

Compact round established over 15+ years, mainly residential.

Average earnings £3,200-£3,400 per calendar month based on fortnighly cleans - traditional.

Genuine reason for sale, willing to assist a smooth handover.

Asking price £18,000

I still have loads of fortnightlys. Although I’m going off em a bit now as they are harder to manage than monthly’s etc especially when you have a full round. I still know a lad that only takes fortnightly cleans on. 10 cleans is about right for that sort of work. I bet it’s a good round as well. None of this driving here there and everywhere business. 

10 cleans is about right for that sort of work

Whenever I have bought and sold rounds it's always been on the 'per clean' value of the round so when 4x or 5x it refers to the per clean. If you have a job worth £10 per clean you get x times that clean and x is dictated by a division of the perceived value to the seller and the actual value to the buyer.  That's how I have always known it. 

You would be more than lucky to get 2 x the clean value on an all trad cash round around here. 

True value cannot be judged from numbers on paper

In business the true value is ONLY EVER the numbers on paper. 

Whenever I have bought and sold rounds it's always been on the 'per clean' value of the round so when 4x or 5x it refers to the per clean. If you have a job worth £10 per clean you get x times that clean and x is dictated by a division of the perceived value to the seller and the actual value to the buyer.  That's how I have always known it. 

You would be more than lucky to get 2 x the clean value on an all trad cash round around here. 

In business the true value is ONLY EVER the numbers on paper. 
If that’s the case then you should be giving your leads away as they are worth naff all. There will obviously be people out there that beg to differ but that’s only because they are blind to what’s really out there. A good established round is worth a lot more than the odd house here and there. It doesn’t really matter how they are cleaned as that’s up to the cleaner and can be chopped and changed at any given moment. I know were I’d be spending my money if I had the need. 

Nearly all residential trad work is done fortnightly where I live
IS that terrace house rows up there in the dark north east Part Timer? My grandad was from Gateshead always said it was black up there! Having run the Great North Run a few times since he died, I hasten to add, I found it quite nice up in that area. Lots of estates I recall. Must be cheap for folk to afford fortnightly cleaning. Or maybe they are all wealthy up there.

Last edited by a moderator:
At fornightly cleans what is the cost per house average? Just out of interest, thanks.
The same as everything else. There’s a perception that just because they are fortnightly they are cheaper. I think this is because some of the older rounds which are mainly fortnightly are the same ones that have never risen their prices much so they are tarred with the same brush. Obviously nowadays prices are a lot higher than they used to be so most new customers go for monthly or every other month but you still get the odd one that’s keen on and wants a fortnightly clean. 

Back