Amazin

looking to buy a new van, please recommend

Amazin

with the intention to fit in a 500L tank at some point in the future. I saw many Peugeot Partners for sale and few VW Paddys but almost all of them are short wheel base, is that a problem?

Then I saw this:

https://www.richardscottmotors.com/used-vans/ford-transit-connect-1-5-tdci-l1-220-panel-van-5dr-eu6-romford-201811092286001

is that any good? any feedbacks would be great, thanks

High-tower
Posted (edited)

500l will be pushing it payload wise in some of the smaller vans.

you could easily find yourself over the limit in a SWB caddy, a maxi would be better. The partner would need to be the 850.

all the short wheelbase vans would probably need poles to extend into the cab to store them.

the load area on the new swb connects is very small due to the way the bulkhead is shaped. I would be surprised to fit a 500l and a reel even if it could handle the weight.

connect 240/ combo 2700/ doblo maxi, would be the better choices, closer to 1000kg payloads and long wheelbase which will accommodate the weight and equipment more comfortably.

Edited by High-tower

riggy

toyota hiace are most reliable by a long way,  do short and long wheel base models. powerful engines.  do cost more than some but less than some others. trouble is theres never many to choose from on secound hand market. 

Amazin
6 hours ago, riggy said:

toyota hiace are most reliable by a long way,  do short and long wheel base models. powerful engines.  do cost more than some but less than some others. trouble is theres never many to choose from on secound hand market. 

I sometimes think that if it's hard to find one then they must be really good. 

12 hours ago, High-tower said:

500l will be pushing it payload wise in some of the smaller vans.

you could easily find yourself over the limit in a SWB caddy, a maxi would be better. The partner would need to be the 850.

all the short wheelbase vans would probably need poles to extend into the cab to store them.

the load area on the new swb connects is very small due to the way the bulkhead is shaped. I would be surprised to fit a 500l and a reel even if it could handle the weight.

connect 240/ combo 2700/ doblo maxi, would be the better choices, closer to 1000kg payloads and long wheelbase which will accommodate the weight and equipment more comfortably.

thank you so much for your helpful feedback, I put down £4K deposit today for a Peugeot partner swb. I know it's not ideal but that's all I can afford right now (£7768 + VAT, 74,000 mileage,  2016 (66))

Part Timer
1 hour ago, Amazin said:

I sometimes think that if it's hard to find one then they must be really good. 

thank you so much for your helpful feedback, I put down £4K deposit today for a Peugeot partner swb. I know it's not ideal but that's all I can afford right now (£7768 + VAT, 74,000 mileage,  2016 (66))

If this isn't a Euro 6 engine then I'd personally try and get out of the deal. The new Toyota is the same as the Dispatch / Expert and soon Vivaro, as soon they'll all be built at the same factory.

riggy

theres no purfect van out there. thay all have there gremlins and are all silly money for what thay are. VW transporters and sprinters are a personal faverate of mine, but even the star ship millage ones cost stupid money. old vitos had great egines and comfatable but rusted worse then a bean can on a beach.   french stuff seems to always have malfutions.  hurd loads of horror storys about moden transits.  find with vans its abit hit and miss to there reliability. can meet to guys with the same model, ones had nothing but aggro the others has never missed a beat. 

Maund

Nissan Nv200 I bought mine 2 years ago, 14 plate, 38k miles, from garage for £5800 + VAT

Amazin
On 05/06/2019 at 22:58, Part Timer said:

If this isn't a Euro 6 engine then I'd personally try and get out of the deal. The new Toyota is the same as the Dispatch / Expert and soon Vivaro, as soon they'll all be built at the same factory.

yeah it is Euro 6:)

Nudel

I have a Peugeot Partner with 350l tank. It's a lovely van and very nimble to maneuver. Are a bit short on space now though as I just upgraded to two reels. For a one man setup it's brilliant.

I have DI in van to filter on demand on the rare occasion I run out.