Oliver James

Window Cleaning Customers in Birmingham / Solihull / Sutton

Oliver James

We have leads available in Birmingham, Sutton and Solihull. 

These leads are from customers that have called us, and sound like decent potential customers, but they are not a great fit for us because they either

a) want a one off, or

b) they do not want to set up a direct debit for 12 weekly window cleaning.

Our fee for the leads is £10 for one off work, and for one off work the price the customer will pay is DOUBLE our 12 weekly prices. You can see our pricing menu here: 

http://www.oliverthewindowcleaner.com/pricing/ 

For regular window cleaning work our fee is the price of the first clean.

EXAMPLE 1: One off work on a 3 bed semi with no extension and no conservatory: The customer pays 2x our 12 weekly price so the customer pays 2x £29 = £58. Our fee is £10 so your revenue is £58-£10 = £48. 

EXAMPLE 2: Regular work on a 3 bed semi with no extension / connie: The customer pays £29 for the first clean and ongoing cleans and our fee is £29. 

No Up Front Payment. Payment to me is made by bank transfer to my account AFTER the customer has paid. 

Tuffers
4 hours ago, Oliver James said:

We have leads available in Birmingham, Sutton and Solihull. 

These leads are from customers that have called us, and sound like decent potential customers, but they are not a great fit for us because they either

a) want a one off, or

b) they do not want to set up a direct debit for 12 weekly window cleaning.

Our fee for the leads is £10 for one off work, and for one off work the price the customer will pay is DOUBLE our 12 weekly prices. You can see our pricing menu here: 

http://www.oliverthewindowcleaner.com/pricing/ 

For regular window cleaning work our fee is the price of the first clean.

EXAMPLE 1: One off work on a 3 bed semi with no extension and no conservatory: The customer pays 2x our 12 weekly price so the customer pays 2x £29 = £58. Our fee is £10 so your revenue is £58-£10 = £48. 

EXAMPLE 2: Regular work on a 3 bed semi with no extension / connie: The customer pays £29 for the first clean and ongoing cleans and our fee is £29. 

No Up Front Payment. Payment to me is made by bank transfer to my account AFTER the customer has paid. 

Example 2: customer pays £29 and then your fee is £29. I’m having some of that, working for free! Where do I sign?

scottish cleaning service

Why does Ollie not just do it himself and keep all the Dosh! Anyhow had my first customer wanting their windows cleaned every fortnight because of birds.

PureShine

It sounds like oliver wants all of his customers to be regular at 12 weekly and on gocardless. All on gocardless would be great in my opinion so if the customer doesnt fit the bill, as he has advertised for these customers at least by selling them on as leads he could recoup some of his ad spend. 

Redditch windy

oliver happened to have canvassed some of my customers via a postal campaign. my customers showed me his flyer,they were not impressed with his prices!!!!

chelmsclean

Why push for 12 weekly. I have a handful on 12 weekly and there windows are filthy when I go back

Part Timer

When you have your address on your webpage and people can see, via google, where you live then it is sometimes hard to believe how successful people claim to be.

Pjj
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Part Timer said:

When you have your address on your webpage and people can see, via google, where you live then it is sometimes hard to believe how successful people claim to be.

Lol yes very true intresting viewing 😂😂, I was expecting something a bit different, especially after all talk on the other forum 

Edited by Pjj

Part Timer
3 hours ago, Pjj said:

Lol yes very true intresting viewing 😂😂, I was expecting something a bit different, especially after all talk on the other forum 

Not very hard for those that have been there, done that, to see through dodgy claims.

Oliver James

Why 12 weekly?

My rounds used to be about 50% 12 weekly and 50% 6 weekly. 

About 3 years ago, I wanted to make more profit, but keep costs down. 

So, as more new customers joined the rounds, I started converting the 6 weekly customers to 12 weekly. 

It is very true that the windows take longer to clean on 12 weekly work. But IF you work on high flow, it isn't that much longer, maybe a few minutes....

However, IF you charge 50% more for 12 weekly work, then you are potentially looking at very substantial increases in profit margin. 

I read somewhere that very small increases / decreases in what you charge can have a big effect on your margin. 

I'm quoting a business finance book from memory, but the figures were something like this:

If you increase the price by 10%, your profit margin increases by 50%

If you decrease the price by 10%, you need 50% more customers to make the same amount of profit. 

As I say, I'm quoting from memory, and not everything your read in business books is true, but the THEORY  behind opting for 12 weekly work is that 

you can make substantial increases to your margin - without increasing costs by very much.

I worked out that you need about 300 customers for a window cleaning business on 4/6 weekly.

For 12 weekly, you need 50% more customers ie: 450 customers, BUT the business is much more profitable. 

Obviously with how we work now, in terms of working with our partners, any six weekly work would not be viable, because with 6 weekly work there

would be very little profit for the partners AFTER they have paid their fee of 30%. 

However, there is no such thing as the perfect frequency (or the perfect pricing strategy). 

If you are doing 4 weekly / monthly / six weekly, then there are a LOT of advantages to working like this.

chelmsclean

Seems like 12 weeks suits your business plan rather than what your customers need. Mine are use desperate to see me after 6 weeks.

I'm surprised they go for 12

Oliver James

I might be wrong, I often am, but I think the window cleaning market in the UK is going towards longer frequencies. Lee Pryor said a few years back that he'd noticed a marked increase in customers going that way. 

That is the trend in the US, and some things here tend to follow the pattern of what is happening in the states. 

Could be wrong tho', and in 10 year time we're all doing fortnightly work 🙂

Pjj

We do 4/8 weekly on domestic no other option is available 90% choose 4 weekly , anything else is classed as a one off and priced accordingly, on commercial most are 6 weekly but we are happy to do whatever frequency they want but this is for large commercial not shops , I try to avoid shops as they are generally a pain but we have to do some as we do the owners houses , but  we don’t normally take them on I pass on all enquires ti other cleaners that do them .