Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back pack to vehicle mount progression

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Great that. I’ve been thinking about this for a while now as I’ve started to have a helper coming in with me. At the min he’s just using the backpack as it is on a sack truck refilling it out my tank using a submersible 12v pump which is good as I can send him off doing the awkward access ones etc but ideally I need a second van mount for the bigger jobs. Is there any way that you can rig a back pack to your van mount but without wrecking the backpack so it can still be used as portable device?

Great that. I’ve been thinking about this for a while now as I’ve started to have a helper coming in with me. At the min he’s just using the backpack as it is on a sack truck refilling it out my tank using a submersible 12v pump which is good as I can send him off doing the awkward access ones etc but ideally I need a second van mount for the bigger jobs. Is there any way that you can rig a back pack to your van mount but without wrecking the backpack so it can still be used as portable device?
The most practical way although it does mean parting with some cash is to get one of these https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/100psi-shurflo-pumpstrainer-flowmaster-controller-back-plate-copy/ easily mountable in the van if you have the space and either use your current battery or buy another one. 

Already looked down that route but it won’t get used much so was looking into getting a double use out of the backpack. 
I guess it depends on your rounds ultimately, if you had a PF trolley then it would have been doable due to the pump inlet been accessible, only option is to maybe search flea-bay 

I guess it depends on your rounds ultimately, if you had a PF trolley then it would have been doable due to the pump inlet been accessible, only option is to maybe search flea-bay 
Ye I looked at that option also as I’ve used a pf trolley system years ago. The price comparison kinda swayed me towards the backpack route and I always used to get air locks when I swapped barrels with the trolley which I don’t get with the backpack. Think that’s something to do with the backpack drawing the water down rather than up the hose with a trolley, plus not to mention no more lugging barrels in and out the van. 

On 06/06/2019 at 07:45, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

Great video @Green Pro Clean Ltd I've been looking to do something similar with my old Gardiner backpack, take it apart, cobble it back together and hey presto van mount system on a budget.

its a old back pack and sat in reserve incase my first choice pack ever breaks down (that pack being my daily cleaning method). Got plenty of barrels and a handmade frame work for containing them along with a PF 100m hose.

so I'm part way there but I'm stumped as to how the detach the water container (blue part) away from the pump and battery (yellow part) in good order? No worries tearing it apart but id like to do it so worse case scenario I can put it back together.

any ideas?

anyone?

Just curious which pump are you using? 

Just curious which pump are you using? 
I got mine from gardeners for about £30/40. Be wary of the cheaper ones as they are a lot smaller and although they do the job they are no we’re near as fast. Only problem with the bigger gardeners ones is that they don’t fit into most 25 litre barrels which I know a lot use. 

I got mine from gardeners for about £30/40. Be wary of the cheaper ones as they are a lot smaller and although they do the job they are no we’re near as fast. Only problem with the bigger gardeners ones is that they don’t fit into most 25 litre barrels which I know a lot use. 
Do you have a separate battery in the back? 

Thank you for that tip...was about to order one and then measured the opening in the barrel and they are too small...

On 07/06/2019 at 18:08, mark m said:

or make one of these

What kind of box is that?

Back