Tango

Paperwork... What else?

Tango

I'm not interested in sueing anyone myself - I just don't want to be sued! Also on the disclaimer one of my lines states that the customer is acting on behalf of the owner and is authorised to do so if they are not the owner - thus if a landlord ends up involved it's between the customer and landy not me and the landy.

Part Timer

On that basis your disclaimer fails. The only person that can give you permission, legally, to work on the property is the owner. No tenant can give you permission to work. If you fall through a flat roof and, god forbid, end up in a wheelchair, you will be looking to sue someone to support yourself and your family.

Tango
Posted (edited)

If its a tenant sueing them would only be a loss anyway - they're not well off enough to own a property they'll not be able to support me either!

But my point is that they sign to agree that they accept responsibility for it and thus it's between them and the landlord. I'm not asking who owns it, I'm just clarifying the position with them. Besides.. i doubt there are many properties being rented with an extension...

Edited by Tango

Part Timer

You're not listening, a tenant can't, legally, give you permission to work on the property.  Yes they can tell you to clean the windows and yes if they don't pay you then the contract is between you and them. Where the law changes is Liability. You won't be able to sue the owner for non payment if the tenant doesn't pay you. If you smash a window or damage a fascia / gutter, it won't be the tenants that chase you, it will be the owner.  

The property owner will have insurance to pay you, if they don't then you will have a claim against there assets.

Incheck

Part timers correct the first thing you ask where any FLAT roof is concerned is “is the roof sound to walk on?”

if they say yes happy days. Not tiled roofs or slate roofs though

Tango

Of course I ask that - what makes you think I don't? lol.

The paperwork is just to confirm that and that they've authorised it in the first place. I'm not going up on any roof for fun.

Wind o kleen

Windows have been cleaned slip

with payment methods on back 

only posted if customer isn’t around 

If my feet need come off the ground I’ll not be doing any work for that customer 

nothing else needed 

Edited by Wind o kleen