Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

univalve yes or no?

trevor peacock

been using wfp's for about 15 years, I use about 300 lts a day.

Univalve's get good reviews, what's your opinions?

Is it the way to go or are there better options.

Looked at the gardiner gooseneck valve, looks a bit fiddly?

would recommend 100%! I moved over to it last year after years of various valves that would drip and need constant replacing and its been great.  still on the original one I bought 8 months ago and I think my back aches less as I'm not constantly bending down to a floor valve. best £30 I've ever spent!

The amount of water you save will depend on how you work, and whether you use a tap already. But even without saving water they are worth having....

I've never measured it precisely but reckon I save more than that over the course of an 8 hr day. I think the time saved and reduced strain on the body are the things that make it really worth it though. if you want to save water, fan jets make a difference and others on here are saying the new rinse bars cut down water usage too.

The lord gave me fingers and thumbs so I just nip the hose and it costs me nowt  ?I also have an inline tap between main hose and pole hose, I prefer a quite a stripped back way of working so I can easily swap components within a few minutes if an issue arises 

The lord gave me fingers and thumbs so I just nip the hose and it costs me nowt  ?I also have an inline tap between main hose and pole hose, I prefer a quite a stripped back way of working so I can easily swap components within a few minutes if an issue arises 

You know thats something i still cannot manage to crack properly! I keep trying but the blasted BP pump still keeps pumping out the pure no matter how hard i try lol.

just found a post saying someone was saving 10 - 12 litres a day with a univalve , in that case is it worth the cost?

I honestly believe its very difficult to put an exact figure on water savings. I can't tbh. But we are saving water by switching the flow off between windows.

A local windie bought a round from a trad cleaner and converted it to wfp. The round was a little out of town and there were 2 operators on the van. The van had a 650 liter tank and they always had a few houses left after they ran out of water toward the end of the day. So they returned the next day to complete the round.

I recommended Aquadapters (predessor to the Univalve) and he purchased one for each of them at £60 each.

He reported back to me that they saved enough water that they were able to complete the round in one day and still had a little water left in the tank. He calculated that those 2 Aquadapters paid for themselves with the first clean they used them on if he took everything into consideration - not going back to finish off the following day and using those 'finishing off' few hours to service other work.

So for him it wasn't just saving water, but more to do with the knock-on effects.

Got one still unused from over a year ago. Its just that clicking the one stop remote that I have handy round my neck I havent felt the need to use it. I really should, as would help a lot on the odd backpack job. I just thought id wait till got new pole hose but this standard yellow is lasting well. Have heard is best not to put it on the standard yellow but im tempted.

I honestly believe its very difficult to put an exact figure on water savings. I can't tbh. But we are saving water by switching the flow off between windows.

A local windie bought a round from a trad cleaner and converted it to wfp. The round was a little out of town and there were 2 operators on the van. The van had a 650 liter tank and they always had a few houses left after they ran out of water toward the end of the day. So they returned the next day to complete the round.

I recommended Aquadapters (predessor to the Univalve) and he purchased one for each of them at £60 each.

He reported back to me that they saved enough water that they were able to complete the round in one day and still had a little water left in the tank. He calculated that those 2 Aquadapters paid for themselves with the first clean they used them on if he took everything into consideration - not going back to finish off the following day and using those 'finishing off' few hours to service other work.

So for him it wasn't just saving water, but more to do with the knock-on effects.
I've noticed similar to this. Univalve paid for itself first day I used it.

No totaly not needed , like iron giant said just squeeze the hose easy peazy , doesn’t cost anything and  cannot go wrong , I did try one it only lasted 8 months and broke I certainly won’t buy any more we have around 8 poles in each van as well so would cost a small fortune to put them on all poles . Again if it saves 12 ltr per day and I don’t  think it does it’s not worth saving that much , each to there own but it’s not for us .

Probably one for another thread but one wee issue that I get with the univave is it can stick open after a couple of months use and takes a few pulls to get it to shut again. Easy fix though, a squirt of silicone spray and good as new again. Anyone else find this happens?

I have the univalve on eight poles and never had a problem great bit of kit, little tricky to operate on 4 storey buildings though ?

Latest Posts

Back