Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory clean equipment

Surreywindowcleaner

Lads can I get some help please. Just started my own window cleaning business and I've got my first couple of conservatory cleans to do. What is all the equipment I need for the clean and can you send me links for the web pages to buy the products. Cheers 

Scroll and thee shall find also use the search function, but also you haven't given much info at all as to whether your wfp or trad so we would be giving info blindly 

Connect your hose reel to the customers outside tap, do not use pure water to clean the whole of the conservatory.

Small ladder onto the guttering, clean the finials, then the uPVC panel dividers, then wipe down the roof panels

Clean all outside guttering, frames and blast out all gunk inside the Sills using the higher pressure from the outside tap. 

Connect back to your own water supply, clean windows using pure water. 

You don't need any extra equipment. 

Backpack sprayer is useful to apply a chemical to soften up the dirt and make life easier but it’s not essential, a pair of steps are quite often useful to be able to reach and see what you are going on the lower edges of the roof where it goes into the gutters and also for putting back on the roof rails the end trims that have a habit of falling off 

Thanks guys appreciate the info. So from start to finish how would you clean a conservatory?

I'm assuming I wet it first using the customers water tap and hose. Then apply the TFR to the conservatory before agitating it with my WFP. Then rinse off with the hose before finishing the windows off with my WFP and purified water from the van. 

Thanks guys appreciate the info. So from start to finish how would you clean a conservatory?

I'm assuming I wet it first using the customers water tap and hose. Then apply the TFR to the conservatory before agitating it with my WFP. Then rinse off with the hose before finishing the windows off with my WFP and purified water from the van. 

Spot on pal that’s how I’d do it, as @Pjj said try and get a cheap pump sprayer or backpack to apply the TFR, makes life a lot easier. 

Finally, charge more for glass roofs and don’t go mad or avoid using chemicals on self cleaning glass 

Yes it would work just put an ezy snap fitting on the sprayer then you can connect it to your pole and apply the chemical through the pole at any height works a treat 

Thank you. I don't suppose you have a link for the fitting I need do you? I have no idea how to connect the sprayer and my WFP together. Sorry about all the questions I'm new to this but I will get there

Thank you. I don't suppose you have a link for the fitting I need do you? I have no idea how to connect the sprayer and my WFP together. Sorry about all the questions I'm new to this but I will get there
  Ime assuming that you are using easy snap fittings on your pole ??? If so when you have a sprayer you need to cut the end of the   Hose and fit one of theses either 6 or 8 mm depending on the hose size on the sprayer then just connect it to your pole go on Gardiner pole systems site and you will find the fittings there , you want a female on the sprayer and a male on the pole hose 

BA1E119B-BAF7-4450-886B-70C58606DA9E.png

https://www.screwfix.com/p/sx-cs5-white-black-pressure-sprayer-5ltr/7490x

This is what I started out with for applying tfr to windows and conny roofs. The pressure is jusy enough to reach second level windows.

moved into a Gardiners backpack now mainly for going guttering. 

Also for connys try and find an adapter like 

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?q=hose+lock+to+wfp&client=ms-android-samsung&biw=412&bih=766&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:10246255851658771510,paur:ClkAsKraX6zM5QoQR32IpoJiSB3aDdfn70Id-FlEAbvvYMP83DrJZx4m0dLHqWSfkCPyqygThGU5xym7VojzQmPU2kAhBG8smCCD3Fn-fipxIQ2xk5uKQakuuBIZAFPVH71ksqvJIMHHZkPVuPS4rNAvcCUQUQ,prmr:1,pid:10246255851658771510,cs:1

this is what you need to connect a garden hose to your pole. like PJJ and MAUD have advised

got mine from Gardiners but cannot find that one anymore. 

Use an old brush or a brush you've bought but aren't keen on with fan jets to apply and agitate the TFR.

I personally use a separate pole to spray chemicals but before that I used some separate pole hose on my main wfp when spraying chemicals to avoid contamination.

I also carry my own hose reel rather than relying on customer having one.....also have 2 or 3 spares of those outside tap screw on fittings because I find around 50% of customers tap fittings either leak or plain don't work properly.

Battery powered rechargeable sprayer for chemical spraying makes life easier.

For rinsing off conservatories just outside tap and reel for fsg I have a jet/spray fitting that inserts into the top of the pole in place of the brush....but another old brush with fan jets would suffice.

you can get a sprayer from wilkinsons  / boyes     a few £.   different sizes     spray virosol or tfr   by hand,     pair of safety goggles out of £ shop.      Stop chemicals blown in your eyes if windy

Back