Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Start up and pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chriscp

So I've decided to go for the PF nano trolley working out of the back of a 3dr 4x4. I have been recommended the OVA 8 17ft Pole . I thought the price of the Pole for a new start up was a little pricey, what are your views on this pole and if I do decide to go for it, would you people suggest going for a longer one...cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigmac

Cheers, i was thinking 17ft would be too short, there are a lot of three storeys round here.you got yours connected to a trolley?

I did think about getting the backpack as a spare, not sure I would want the hasstle of filling it up the time when I could just do a straight barrel change over, how did you find it?

I did think about getting the backpack as a spare, not sure I would want the hasstle of filling it up the time when I could just do a straight barrel change over, how did you find it?
Got a 450L diy van mount now. 

Found carrying the 25L containers hard going (and im 35).

Going the backpack/trolley route involves a lot of lifting which can take its toll. 

I did see a suggesting on another thread about just using 10L containers, which is a good idea (weight wise) but could possible mean 2 barrels to one house so your doing the lifting twice. 

As far as actually using the backpack, it was just fine. Can get plenty of rinse when at full power.

Will still use it if i get awkward access properties  

I'm 46 maybe I should spend a day lugging the barrels about before I commit to a trolley, just didn't want to shell out a few k to start with. Cheers

Back