Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back fishing on a relaxing Sunday

Now the football season has ended, time for more fishing.

@tench0771, @Dave B, @Green Pro Clean Ltd I know you boys like playing with your rods ?, have you been lately? Or anyone else?

View attachment 16736
Nice man,

I like fishing, but not done too much of it. We went out on a boat a few times last year & year before to do sea fishing off of Bournemouth bay, £25.00 each in a group of 10 of us for 4 hours. Quite good value for money I think. Caught a variety. But I’m actually not that keen on fish. What are you hoping to catch there? 

@tench0771, @Dave B, @Green Pro Clean Ltd I know you boys like playing with your rods ?, have you been lately? Or anyone else?

View attachment 16736

used to fish quite a bit when younger. not seriously though, none of the top/expensive gear. Ive noticed here in suffolk a lot of the rivers dont seem to have the amount of fish they used to. Some reckon its otters eating them all. even one friend had all their fish taken out of a pond in their garden.

used to love a good fishing session though. we got a lot of big moated manor/farmhouses here. Moat hall, in a village called parham, was a monster pike in there.way over 4 foot long. I saw it once and just reeled my float in, didnt wanna be pulled in by that beast. Anyway, and this is true, not just some fihermans tall tale. the landowner/lord of the manor had couple of jack russels. swimming in the moat one day, back in the 80s and one gets pulled in and ate by this beast. Since then he put a bounty on them and paid a fiver (not bad in them days) for killed pike. they ate a lot of the ducks etc too. Shame really as they're part of the eco system. End up with loads of scrawny roach etc as no predators. Well, I guess some pike survived, and still the perch i guess. havent been there for years. 

Some mates still go, camp out and make a beer session of it. mostly all carpers nowdays. John wilson was a legend. :coffee:   Thats my cuppa before my  ? ???

I prefer sea fishing. Once a year I book a boat from Poole and me and some mates go out and catch mackerel, rays, various flatfish, tope, conger eels etc.... real good crack and I usually come back with enough mackerel to feed me for a few months!

I have done a fair bit of coarse, but prefer river fishing where I can stalk my prey. I live near the river test so there are plenty of decent spots around here.

Just wish I had more time to do fishing, seems to be more work than play these days with work and family. It’s important to make time for these things.

Not been for a few months. I used to go every week but lately it's rare I get chance.

Will be going on holiday next month and taking the rods with me as there is a fishing lake on site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to really enjoy fishing the local river a few years ago, but I don't get the chance or make the time any more. 

I have become more of a keen gardener and we have just took over an allotment which has been left to ruin and is around 12ft x 75ft so plenty to get on with, which for me and my wife is our proper chill time having something we can turn around together. 

Nice man,

I like fishing, but not done too much of it. We went out on a boat a few times last year & year before to do sea fishing off of Bournemouth bay, £25.00 each in a group of 10 of us for 4 hours. Quite good value for money I think. Caught a variety. But I’m actually not that keen on fish. What are you hoping to catch there? 
Big carp hopefully. My mate bob next to me had a 17 pounder earlier.

There’s a big 50 cat in this lake so who knows ?

used to fish a lot at rhosilli (worms head) down the Gower in South Wales. Nice 30 - 40 minute walk onto the island and sometimes walking off with some nice bass. 

proper fishing ?

beautiful island when we get the weather 

66B5D948-3F5B-4A73-A3F6-CA206143BD28.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
used to fish a lot at rhosilli (worms head) down the Gower in South Wales. Nice 30 - 40 minute walk onto the island and sometimes walking off with some nice bass. 

proper fishing ?

beautiful island when we get the weather 

View attachment 16737
Apparently good spot under the Loughor bridge for bass, used to go fishing as a teenager, not been for 15 years. My 6 year old wants to try it so I'm taking him down the marina in the summer holidays, see how it goes.

Not since last Autumn. But only fly and lure fishing for me mate. Non of this bivvy with central heating, microwave, tv and flushing toilets. ???
That's all i do

I especially like fly fishing for pike.. have a saltwater fly rod for that and huge pike flies and if the opportunity arises I always have a few floating dog biscuits or pellets in my kit to do some surface fishing for carp

Nothing like a carp off the top on fly gear

View attachment 16736
Just joined local private invite only group

With me it makes 46 members with 3 lakes to ourselves in different village locations

Stag do tonight then fishing tomorrow 

Just stalking rod and some floating dog biscuits and bread.. no floats or anything else

Screenshot_20190629-195121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190629-195052_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back