Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DI vessel size efficiency

Chris34

Just looking at ways to increase my litres from the resin and came across this thread from the car wash guys, I've not read anything on here about the height of the vessel effecting the efficiency, but it does seem to make sense.  Going off what this guy is saying it looks like a taller vessel could give about 40% more pure compared to a wider shorter vessel.

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=361829

I am aware of this chap. It basically boils down to hyping up his product and he talks some jibberish most of the time. 

The taller the vessel the more capacity you have so you can have higher ppm. Capacity vs flow rate is key.

But most essential is good internal fittings. If you do not have this then you end up chucking away good resin.

What do you mean by this?

If the tube with the lower baskets on it that pushes into the r/o head doesn't seal properly then the water will bypass the resin at the bottom of the vessel. You will then see your tds rise sooner and when you replace the resin you will be throwing away a portion of good resin that isn't spent. DI vessels have an 'O' ring in the head that seals this tube. If that's damaged or missing your di vessel won't work efficiently.

It has been reported that one of the suppliers intentionally removes that 'O' ring so they can sell more resin.

Back