Luke Stoke

Need advise for setting up a wfp round please.

Luke Stoke

Hello my names Luke and I’m a part time window cleaner in the Stoke on Trent area.

Ive looked at a lot of comments on here and it seems that wfp window cleaning is a lot more popular and rewarding than traditional. 

I’m wanting to change over from traditional to wfp window cleaning. I’m just looking for some advise and have some questions/ queries I need clearing up: 

1- I’m wanting to buy a cheap 3 seater van and get a system installed, I would need someone to fit it for me and show me the best way of using the equipment. Does anyone know who I could use to help? 

2- Would it be worth investing in a good brand new system, or do they all work the same depending on if you’re using them properly?

3- Around how much would a satisfactory system be? 

4- At the moment on average I’m earning around £90 a day, doing around 7 hours, what would the difference be if I used a wfp system? 

5- With traditional you wipe around the edges of the window and the window sills, does the wfp system not leave marks/ dirt around the edges or on the sills?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with my queries, 

Many thanks,

Luke

Pjj

Hi Luke , it depends what you want , if you are reasonably good at diy you could buy all the bits and make your own system , you need to know what your tds is ( total desolved  solids ) in your tap water as this will determine what type of filtration you will need . As for your earnings I have no idear how you are earning such a small amount in that amount of time . Once you are reasonably used to wfp work it’s easy to earn between £30-40 per hour . You will find the first clean will take you a lot longer just take your time as this will pay dividends on all cleans after and you will be much quicker , either google wfp window cleaning and watch some videos or try and go out with someone who is experienced to learn .

There are a number of good systems out there such as waterworks , Grippatank,ionics ,purefreedom just to name a few but you will pay more for this type of system ,but they will all fit it for you and go through how it works , it’s not complicated once you know how it all works .  

Luke Stoke

Thank you very much for your message, 👍 tbh im useless at diy! 🙈 so i may be best to buy one and get them to fit it and show me how it works. 😃 and I’m only earning that because I’ve only been doing it for a few months and I’m still using a sat nav to find the houses, plus the work isn’t very compact. Hoping to build up some better work. 

Maund

My work isn't very compact, my average per customer is £19.28 and I usually get between 10 - 13 done in a day. 

I was the same, I had no idea about how to fit a wfp system in my van. I went to Wolverhampton - Cleaning Warehouse. And got a water genie system fitted. 500L, it was £2,250 when I bought it 2 years ago, and £250 to get it fitted. I will say though that there explanation on how to use it was awful. They should provide a small leaflet on how to use their systems. But this forum and YouTube videos helped me a lot. 

Craigmac
22 minutes ago, Luke Stoke said:

Thank you very much for your message, 👍 tbh im useless at diy! 🙈 so i may be best to buy one and get them to fit it and show me how it works. 😃 and I’m only earning that because I’ve only been doing it for a few months and I’m still using a sat nav to find the houses, plus the work isn’t very compact. Hoping to build up some better 

I am useless at DIY but have set up a system. 

I am in a soft water area so DI only for me which I do during filling the tank. 

just think it's all your doing is pumping water from a tank to the end of your pole. No real need for thousands to be spent to get you going. 

What you can see is a tank Strapped and framed (awaiting a steel frame)

controller and pump (bought on a board all wired up ready)

a leisure battery 

and some hose.

that is as basic as it can be. 

now i have not gone for cheap items

yes cheap tank second hand £100

pump and controller £195

Leisure battery £95 

hose and conectors £10

battery conectors £10

hose reel and 100m hose (not in pic) £100

just over £500

For perspective, I paid just short of £400 for my pole. 

took me 3 hours and a few coffee breaks to out together, most of that was framing the tank. 

20190611_225640.jpg

20190611_225709.jpg