Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First big job quote

DJT

Hi guys, just had my first big pressure washing job come in for a quote. Just wondering a few things. 

Firstly, how much would you charge, its roughly 400m2 (I paced it out). 

He also wants the walls doing to. 

Secondly he asked about the driveway but un sure if you can pressure wash this material. He has said he has used a spray and leave chemical on to clean and works well if pw not an option. I've attached photos to help. Based in West Midlands. 

IMG_20190612_160713.jpg

IMG_20190612_160635.jpg

IMG_20190612_161638.jpg

IMG_20190612_160745.jpg

Ime not saying that it’s right but most I know charge around £3 per sm for pressure washing , spray and walk away bio stuff is ok but I personally feel you get a much better finish from pressure washing , depending what the surface is I would softwash it then pressure wash it off this will kill all the algy that  pressurewashing on it’s own won’t do . Looking at the walls they will need a hypo mix or a bio mix , most customers want instant clean I know this will possibly cause controversy but I feel the only way to achieve this is to hypo it then pw , using bio products you don’t really know what finish you will get for a couple of weeks and the customer might not be happy with the finish , I have experimented on my own property doing different things , and have applied a bio mix after hypo treatment and pw to slow down re growth . 

As for the driveway  that looks like a resin drive ??? Not sure of the best and safest way to clean that , but I would be cautious of blasting it with the pw on full power as you might damage the surface 

I’ll be honest for a first big job youd be brave taking it on. It looks resin bound, i wont go anywhere near it based on what padstar said in another thread a few months ago. Not mad keen on swimming pools either, in fact ive never done a swimming pool area. 

If it was me id leave it to someone braver but i’m known for wimping out ?. 

Pjj’s reply was good 

Back