Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp first clean where am I going wrong ?

harry123

Feel like a broken record here, probably doing everyone’s heads in just can’t seem to get rid of these spots don’t know what else to try my water is down to 0, I’ve tried my same house window about 10 times yet I’m still getting run downs really don’t know what to suggest. Only other thing I could think is that my pump is too low psi I’ve ordered a 100psi one now but if that don’t work I really don’t know much else I can do. Had anyone ever been on a waterfed pole training course and if so was it helpful. I’ve watched countless YouTube videos and read loads of comment on here for tips but seem to be getting nowhere. 

I’ve tried it on all my windows on my house seem to get the same outcome, also went out and done a few customers houses went back to check my work and there was a few spots on most of them, since then I’ve just been practising on my own house. 

why dont you make a video of yourself cleaning? and maybe some guys can see if your going wrong or another option see if you can do a mornings work experiance with someon a few miles over ? 

If your water is definately pure and its on more than one window then all it can be is your technique in some way. 

Crank the flow and calibration right up and give the window another good clean. Then if it comes up ok you know it's that you've not been rinsing enough I would say. 

How many litres of water would you say you would use on a window with 3 panels of glass I’ll try it tomorrow with more of a rinse but I feel like I use a lot as it is 

A pane with 3 windows should take you around 20-30 seconds, that's the frames, glass, Sills if there are no stubborn stains on. 

Roughly a litre of water

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my settings high tho for precisely this type of thing. Can't be doing with worrying about if I've rinsed enough. 

My flow is 65 cal 80 and you can smash the windows out so much quicker. Takes no time to rinse a window with water turned up and fan jets. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have my settings high tho for precisely this type of thing. Can't be doing with worrying about if I've rinsed enough. 

My flow is 65 cal 80 and you can smash the windows out so much quicker. Takes no time to rinse a window with water turned up and fan jets. 
I only have a trolley with adjustable flow setting but not sure the cal or flow as it is just a **** you can turn to adjust doesn’t state how much, over done everything on a budget just to get off the ground.

harry123, on the final rinse are you rinsing the frames + glass, or the glass only?

I've found its best to carefully avoid touching the flow into the upper frame at all on the final rinse.  In fact I now rinse the very top of the glass "brush on" to make sure I don't get runs from this issue.

That's just what I've found to help anyway, it's solved many of my spotting problems.

harry123, on the final rinse are you rinsing the frames + glass, or the glass only?

I've found its best to carefully avoid touching the flow into the upper frame at all on the final rinse.  In fact I now rinse the very top of the glass "brush on" to make sure I don't get runs from this issue.

That's just what I've found to help anyway, it's solved many of my spotting problems.
Spot on, leave the  top frame when doing the final rinse. Also, it was really windy yesterday in places. At this time of year that blows all sorts of pollen/dust/bits of leaf etc onto windows, and if wet some bits of said debris can get stuck onto the wet glass. 

Just the glass only, I’ve tried that also still manages to drip down and leave a run 

Where in South Wales?

Where in South Wales?
 Merthyr Tydfil 

Back