Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transit custom owners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Does anyone have a ford transit custom with a 600 ltr ionics thermopure in it ? If so what model is it and what wheelbase is it , what do you think of it ?? Ime looking for an additional van to put this system in any other suggestions appreciated ,but don’t really want anything bigger than the custom due to access issues on some jobs . 

I have the new shape mk 9 Transit Custom SWB Limited.Euro 6

I have a grippa max 650 in mine and it is a great van.Handles the weight very well, easy to park and very nice to drive.The Limited spec also has some lovely comforts like air con, heated seats and screen,DAB radio amongst others.

I had a 17 plate Vauxhall Vivaro with a 500litre  in for a bit while this was getting sorted and the Vauxhall was absolute garbage compared to the Custom.

The VW transporters are nice and will hold there money well they just look a little dated now inside and out.They will also cost around 5k more than the Custom.

Just a bit concerned about payload unless you go for the 340 which has a payload of 1500 kg I think all the others it is payload of only 1100 kg don’t think that will be enough as the system empty is around 185 kg water will be 600 kg then two people in van ,full tank of fuel , hose reels etc I think it would be over weight , Ime looking at the lwb , what’s your thoughts ?? 

They do a 300,320,340. On the 2016/2017-2019 custom

Mine was a 310 trend with optional extras so i came out with 1301kg Payload. I was just under payload when I first got it, but not now. I can't fill my 850L tank to the top and carry a passenger under the total GVW.

I have a 340 limited, 170ps engine,  I think the payload is around 1400kg. I have two 500ltr tanks, water heater, two batteries and two man set up. I took it to the weigh bridge fully loaded, but with only half a tank of fuel and two people in there and it is 15kg under the GVW. It pulls and drives fine. 

I also have a 290 custom, 155ps engine with a 650 ltr tank. I haven’t taken that one to the weigh bridge but I suspect it’s on its limit although it pulls and drives fine I wouldn’t put anymore in there. 

Bear in mind the lwb has a lower payload. 

What mpg are you guys getting in your customs?? 

I average 23mpg in mine no matter how I drive ?

No where near what they quote in the specs!

What sort of driving is that mate? Town, motorway? 

850L = local driving all the time. 

400L = A lot of rural driving 

650L = Some A1 driving and rural. 

They’re **** on fuel tbh, I don’t hang about in mine and even when I drive like a saint I get 28.5ish. I CBA driving like that. 

850L = local driving all the time. 

400L = A lot of rural driving 

650L = Some A1 driving and rural. 

They’re **** on fuel tbh, I don’t hang about in mine and even when I drive like a saint I get 28.5ish. I CBA driving like that. 
They are indeed, great vans, drives just like a car but so thirsty! And same here, I probs get 3-4 more mpg if I drive like a granny.

I know the peugeot experts are great on fuel so may look into one of the new shape ones next.

They are indeed, great vans, drives just like a car but so thirsty! And same here, I probs get 3-4 more mpg if I drive like a granny.

I know the peugeot experts are great on fuel so may look into one of the new shape ones next.

I keep changing my mind on what to get next it’s going to be a custom and I think I’m going DCIV LWB this time. 400L tank. 

I keep changing my mind on what to get next it’s going to be a custom and I think I’m going DCIV LWB this time. 400L tank. 
I do love the customs....the only negative for me is the damn fuel economy! I did consider the double cab as the extra seats would come in handy but I need the space really - I've always fancied the idea of a pickup but the load space is so impractical and they're pretty poor on fuel too.

I have a 340 limited, 170ps engine,  I think the payload is around 1400kg. I have two 500ltr tanks, water heater, two batteries and two man set up. I took it to the weigh bridge fully loaded, but with only half a tank of fuel and two people in there and it is 15kg under the GVW. It pulls and drives fine. 

I also have a 290 custom, 155ps engine with a 650 ltr tank. I haven’t taken that one to the weigh bridge but I suspect it’s on its limit although it pulls and drives fine I wouldn’t put anymore in there. 

Bear in mind the lwb has a lower payload. 
This 340 is the Rare one, but defo best for payload

280 will be no good for 650 litres 

Mine is saying 34mpg not sure how true it is.The mpg goes up if doing motorway miles.Don't think they make the 280 any more.Grippa put mine on the weight calculator they have.

In my opinion these vans drive better when full(not over the limit).

This 340 is the Rare one, but defo best for payload

280 will be no good for 650 litres 

Yep, couldn’t find one to buy off the shelf so it was a factory order. 

Fully loaded every morning with a mix of local and rural driving, display says its doing 30 mpg. 

Latest Posts

Back