Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What specs for a gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

John1980

Hi all, 

Looking to purchase a gutter vac and would like to know what specs to look out for, such as water lift.  It would be used for mainly domestic properties.  Any  advice or recommendations would be appreciated.  Looking to spend between£500-£1000. Found the below with side entry which I understand is best. Sorry if this has been covered did use the search function

but could not find.  

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/gutter-cleaning/3000w-gutter-vac-systems/3000w-gutter-vac-240v/ 

Cheers 

John

Ime sure it will do the job alloy poles are heavy , but again if only doing domestic you arnt going to be holding them too long , the more you spend on poles the better they should be carbon poles are very light and easy to use evan at shallow angles , if you are just starting out doing gutter clearance that set up will get you going once you get more experience and a bit of money behind you sell it and buy a better set up if you are going to be using it a lot , a longer length of vac hose will make it easier and mean having to move the vac less we have 10 meters on one vac and 12 on the other and don’t need to move the vac at all on an avarage house section . 

I'd personally try and pick up a 2nd hand Sky Vac. The newer version with the 3 motors / switches.

Mine does over 1000 gutters clears a year and it's never skipped a beat and it unblocks anything it comes up against. Check out Ebay you will find one. The carbon poles are a doddle to use too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its not that one, it's this one with the 3 motors. As long as you clean out the filter daily you wont get any issues at all. I make it a routine to clean it out when I get in at night. You will keep maximum suction that way, and it keeps the pressure off the motors.

I've got a built in diesel generator fitted to my van so just turn up at customers houses, fire up the generator and get clearing. In my option the 3 motor sky vac is the beat vac out there at the moment, its insanely powerful. Try and pick one up 2nd hand mate.

That sounds like a good wsetup - tbh i am running a smaller van (Peaugot Partner) so am looking at getting a small trailer to load the vac into. Thinking of getting a small generator in the trailer aswell so i have a complete gutter setup that cqan be easily taken out on my gutter job days

Latest Posts

Back