Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Alucobond

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WfpTen

Does anyone on here have any experience cleaning alucobond on buildings? It's the material that thay put on the outside of modern buildings so I'm not sure if you'd call it cladding or fascia.

Any way if anyone has experience doing this and could give me some tips it would be much appreciated.

Just realised that this has been placed in the softwashing section of the forum. I don't know how that happened but it really shouldn't be here because according to the manufacturer anything acidic will damage the material.

Anyways information or advice will be helpful

Without seeing it in the flesh it’s difficult to determine what it is , but we clean a lot of commercial buildings of a similar type , the method of cleaning will be determined by the type of dirt is it general road grime or an algy based bacterial growth ??? We use virosol diluted 10-1 for road grime and get exellent  results it will also remove bacterial growth like mould and algy but won’t kill the spores left behind , depending on the construction of the material if it’s ok to use on it a weak hypochlorite mix would kill the spores and slow down re growth . Again if it’s ok to use on the material and if it’s a bacterial or algy growth a biocide product would kill it off , more information on what the surface is made of is needed , I would try and contact the manufacturer and see what they suggest is best and safe to use on the surface 

Without seeing it in the flesh it’s difficult to determine what it is , but we clean a lot of commercial buildings of a similar type , the method of cleaning will be determined by the type of dirt is it general road grime or an algy based bacterial growth ??? We use virosol diluted 10-1 for road grime and get exellent  results it will also remove bacterial growth like mould and algy but won’t kill the spores left behind , depending on the construction of the material if it’s ok to use on it a weak hypochlorite mix would kill the spores and slow down re growth . Again if it’s ok to use on the material and if it’s a bacterial or algy growth a biocide product would kill it off , more information on what the surface is made of is needed , I would try and contact the manufacturer and see what they suggest is best and safe to use on the surface 

just done a quick google search and found this might be helpful 

B334906D-999D-48AD-9C4B-B86A803EDED9.png

I cleaned some of that with a wide flocked brush, it came up well. Just used water, but a weak detergent may have made it easier without causing any problems.

Back