Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

window federation or association

Which is the best to belong to guys?

I dont think either is really any benefit to us , what do they actually do ?. Apart from charging some sort of fee to be a member all they are doing is making money from us ?... I stand to be corrected but don’t see any need to belong to any of theses body’s . 

Which is the best to belong to guys?
I agree with @Pjj but it depends on what you want. Personally don't see what they offer. Supposed cheap Insurance, training, method statements etc? Not cheap once you pay their fees every year. Filled the odd tender that asked if I was a member of a Federation. Apart from that never thought about joining and with this site and the internet all the information required is out there. 

I agree with @Pjj but it depends on what you want. Personally don't see what they offer. Supposed cheap Insurance, training, method statements etc? Not cheap once you pay their fees every year. Filled the odd tender that asked if I was a member of a Federation. Apart from that never thought about joining and with this site and the internet all the information required is out there. 

Yes I totaly  agree , what is more important to customers I find is iosh certificate , only ever been asked once if I belonged to the federation of window cleaners , and I said no I don’t believe in wasting money on a sticker for the van , the manager laughed and had to agree it’s not really worth the paper it’s written on , I think this type of organisation is out dated and will soon be a thing if the past , proof of training in certain areas is well worth having though , but from experience evan some very large national companies don’t ask for anything apart from public liability insurance  and a couple of ones we do work for haven’t evan asked for that .

if you've got a long history of window cleaning and rounds with hundreds of regular happy customers this should speak for itself more than any accreditation i would have thought. 

Ok guys I,ll keep asking your advice.I was wondering if you got plenty of discounts from suppliers, Ive seen D/A components,for example are with the association,to name but one.Back to the most welcome advise bit now,I used my grippa vack to day on my first paying customer.Ive got an old nicemetal mains extention lead that ive used for  years, for odd jobs the rubber on the cable was good quality realy supple lovely,looks like ive buggered it up now though the vac must pull some current.I unrolled it all ,but it was quite warm when reeling,I know ur supposed to unwind completely because the electrickery multiplies when its coiled and gets even hotter .Did a quick one this evening though and left it half wound,didnt actualy melt but that nice black supple rubber,s turned grey,looks like ill have to buy a higher rating extention lead when vacing,but you all knew that didn't you!

Ok guys I,ll keep asking your advice.I was wondering if you got plenty of discounts from suppliers, Ive seen D/A components,for example are with the association,to name but one.Back to the most welcome advise bit now,I used my grippa vack to day on my first paying customer.Ive got an old nicemetal mains extention lead that ive used for  years, for odd jobs the rubber on the cable was good quality realy supple lovely,looks like ive buggered it up now though the vac must pull some current.I unrolled it all ,but it was quite warm when reeling,I know ur supposed to unwind completely because the electrickery multiplies when its coiled and gets even hotter .Did a quick one this evening though and left it half wound,didnt actualy melt but that nice black supple rubber,s turned grey,looks like ill have to buy a higher rating extention lead when vacing,but you all knew that didn't you!

We have a Grippatank vac as well it’s 2400 watt is will draw a lot of power , technical speaking any extension lead should be completely unwound before using it , regardless of what it’s connected to , Ime no electrician but extension leads come in different cable thicknesses and fuse ratings so make sure the one you have is suitable fir the appliance you will be using it with , I also have a 3600 watt 110 vac that I run off a genie and that has a 32 amp cable and the extension lead with that gets hot after about an hours use and the cable is as thick as your little finger .

No point whatsoever, I toyed with idea of joining FWC and didn't, I joined MGWC and that was an absolute joke a total bunch of misfits who couldn't organise anything so I got a full refund, a solid reputation within your local area counts for far more than an association that most people have never heard off. 

If you are mainly residential then there is no real advantage to joining FWC your customers will have never heard of them.If your mainly commercial it can help but is still a very outdated organisation.

Latest Posts

Back