Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

leisure battery question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craigmac

Do I need to disconnect the battery at the end of every day if I am only doing 2 - 3 houses? currently charging it in the house. 

stupid question but will my pump controller drain the battery when not in use? 

Do I need to 're calibrate the controller every time the battery is disconnected? 

thanks in advance 

20190623_114426.jpg

If the controller is turned off at the end of the day it will not drain the battery evan the ones that have a frost stat only draw a tiny bit of power to monitor temperature. The controller should not need re calibrating as far as Ime aware after disconnecting the battery’s I have never needed to re calibrate mine after doing that 

No need to disconnect the battery and take it out of the van. If you have the access (van near to your house or on a driveway near to a power source) just connect your charger to the terminals (leave that in the van) and run the cable into the house. Been doing this for years, same battery 4 years, no issues. Have mine plugged into a circuit breaker which then goes into the wall socket.   Somebody on here will probably scorn this very simple method though ! 

As Pjj comments once switched of the controller power draw is 100th of an amp when connected to the battery. Also the controller will remember the cal value last set.

Cheers

ian

Back