Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you charge?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

How much would you charge for this? It’s clean because I have already done it, it was thick with moss an algae.

its for a regular customer who said ‘do it and let me know how much’

It’s a regular so I won’t take the pi$$

£200?

BBA67D82-43B8-4D91-9993-C6B60D1F8129.jpeg

Outside only, it was absolutely minging and took just short of 4 hours, it’s my first hence the time. Frames all needing rubbing down with restorer cream and gutters needing clearing.

I have no idea about conservatory pricing hence why I thought it best to ask before putting the bill through.

£130?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would still off told a price prior to doing the job.

Some people have an expectation that the cost of a conny clean is similar/ maybe slightly more as to what the window clean cost is.

I have a few customers like this and I have not cleaned there conny after giving them the quote.

I got £100 for this conny clean , lot of customers expect them to be done for same price as windows , madness  

lot of my customers have nice clean windows and frames but there FSG and conny roofs are manky,  

C54FB034-0149-496F-91BF-5C77FA8FF5D6.jpeg

I would have preferred to price first, it was a last minute deal and I wasn’t sure what to charge, it’s not going to happen again though.

The whole house is manky, they have only just moved in and the previous owner didn’t clean anything. 

I think I will go with £100

Outside only, it was absolutely minging and took just short of 4 hours, it’s my first hence the time. Frames all needing rubbing down with restorer cream and gutters needing clearing.

I have no idea about conservatory pricing hence why I thought it best to ask before putting the bill through.

£130?

Not wishing to criticise you but pricing a job after it’s been done is asking for trouble ,they may be expecting it to be £20 ,always always give the customer a price first , if they seam shocked at the price explain why it’s that , you cannot do that after the job has been done , 

They are definitely not expecting it to be £20, they are expecting it to be expensive, we had previously talked about Thomas Sanderson’s prices.

As said it’s not something I will be doing again.

If i get asked to clean something other than the planned job i.e. windows, I never give them a price there and then. I always just say - chemicals will be needed, I will need to work the cost out later and text you a quote.

Then I am not getting pushed into a low price and there being given a chance to consider the price which depending on their circumstances might be too much.

I had one the other week, sent me a text the day of his window clean - can you just give the conny roof a quick wipe over. I said no I don't have time it will need to be booked in and I will have to send you a quote first.

Anyway sent the quote and no response.

Still cleaning his windows but thats it.

Best thing to do is tell them to call out a company and I will probably be half of that quote. That's my story now and I'm sticking to it. It makes the customer do the ground work and Live in the real world. If they say they don't want to then I quote an expensive price which is ok when one is busy.

Im getting to hate the things. fairly new to them, havent done too many but gotta be ruthless about them really. Was thinking, and i just googled 'How much to pay for a conservatory clean?' and it states, from £150 for insides and from£300 for in and out. Didnt mention the roof though. Ive one coming up for a new customer, elderly retired doctor, big ol house, but this old fashioned conny is glass roofed,window opens on it, is not pvc, old painted white wooden bits in between the glass. And the roof inside is full of 100s of bugs/bees etc all trying to get out. I nearly cried lol. Gonna pick a day it aint sunny. have told already that the wooden frame bits will not come up. Anyhoo, let battle commence   :window-cleaner-emoticon:

Say it was over 4 hrs job and it should be £200, but will discount for regular customer - £160

Looks great, well done!

Back