Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mulling over a new pole!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tango

So my trusty CLX-27 is a great first pole, long reach and although heavy at low angles does the job. The problem is how much it flexes meaning i spend more time at a low angle than i need while struggling with the flex!

I'm mulling over an SLX-27 (or maybe a 30) to replace it with at some point in the next couple of months. Whats the rigidity like on this one?

I prefer to stick with Gardiner but am listening to any other suitable brands at a reasonable price with the same length / rigidity..

Thanks

I have the SLX and used it today on a fsg job, great cant fault it. Going to buy a shorter Extreme for normal detached or semi-detached houses when tackling the fsgs. No one seems to want to do it according to today's customer.

The six is stiffer than a clx but I agree with part timer why not get a shorter pole and use the one you have for high stuff .

I'm happy enough to keep the CLX-27 just for the hell of it lol (I'm quite attached to it as my first pole) however the difficult for me is windows over an extension where the thing needs to be at a 45 degree angle and starts to bend massively. A shorter SLX won't really change that difficulty for me hence wanting one the same length.

I'm happy enough to keep the CLX-27 just for the hell of it lol (I'm quite attached to it as my first pole) however the difficult for me is windows over an extension where the thing needs to be at a 45 degree angle and starts to bend massively. A shorter SLX won't really change that difficulty for me hence wanting one the same length.
Obviously properties differ I have a slx 25 that I use for the type of thing you are describing and never have a problem with reach on the jobs we do , next pole up I have after that is extream 35 very rarely need that for this type of work 

After a while you'll get stronger, you're starting to sound like @Den?

Obviously properties differ I have a slx 25 that I use for the type of thing you are describing and never have a problem with reach on the jobs we do , next pole up I have after that is extream 35 very rarely need that for this type of work 

@Pjj Whats the rigidity of your slx like?

If I were you, I would go with the next one up. An SLX 22, but get 2 extensions (you can add these, easily and quickly, when you need them).

The 22 has a shorter closed length than the 25, so it's easier around awkward access, and it's lighter and more rigid too in daily use.

Personally, I use an Xtreme 22 (with 2 extensions). I have really bad tennis elbow, so I need the lightest pole possible, (or I don't work)!

The 22 does all my houses (except 2). I think i'll dump them to be honest. 

I've had SLXs and they are absolutely great poles. 

@Pjj Whats the rigidity of your slx like?

Its a lot stiffer than a clx 27 I have one for a spraying lance , but it’s not as stiff as an extream , the slx is a very good and solid pole and will take some serious abuse , I would thoroughly recommend it , I have several extream poles 18,35,and I did have a 47 but sold that , they are lovely poles but are delicate and expensive the slx will give a long service life with minimal maintenance . I still have one of the original six 22 foot poles in the garage least I think it’s a 22 not a 25 I have retired it but there is still plenty of life left in it and that has done some serious work over the years ,Ime not sure how old it is but it was one of the first that Alex had .

My 'first' everyday Gardiner pole was a CLX22. Its still in the garage and could do with a set of smart clamps. Its still perfectly useable even although it was purchased 10 years ago.

I used it for 4 years or so before I replaced it with a new SLX22. I have to be honest that I used the flex of the CLX to my advantage when cleaning the window above a conservatory roof from the side.

I only put the CLX to one side when son in law left the business and handed back his SLX22. The CLX was the 4th pole on the van with a flocked brush on it and it got used when the house we were cleaning had leaded windows. Now the returned SLX is the spare pole with a flocked brush on it. I did order a set of smart clamps for the CLX22 but fitted them to the SLX when it came back. Pity actually because the CLX is in better condition than the SLX SIL returned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back