Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flash Sale @ Grippatank

This week only Grippatank has a flash sale on units if anyone is interested. One can put a deposit down and get it fitted in a few months time, that's what I did.

I paid a 2 grand deposit today for a 650l hotwater diesel system and 2 electric hose reels. They are also going to waterproof the van floor. All comes to 8.5k so it gives me something to focus on, getting the other 6 grand.

Is it a one or two man hot water system you have ordered ? 

If it’s a one man, it’ll be a Luke warm water system, they don’t tell you this. My advice would be to pay the extra for a two man hot water, much better system. 

Is it a one or two man hot water system you have ordered ? 

If it’s a one man, it’ll be a Luke warm water system, they don’t tell you this. My advice would be to pay the extra for a two man hot water, much better system. 

They said a 5kw system is enough for a one man system but with a two man system its a 9kw heater that's what I asked for going by the forum.

9kw doesn't reach hot on mine..it's very warm on one pump and warm on the other. That enquiry to grippa seems to have been lost along with my many others. My reels have faulted at least 4 times and this is the second time I have one reel down for over a week as it gets fixed in England. Losing me money again.

Last time it was fixed they sent up a blue reel, my system is all black and cost 1000s..and I was supposed to be ok with that. A patchwork system.

No spare parts kept at the local Scottish contact here, although when the local distribution ceased here we were told that there would be a local fitment centre and Oliver is a good salesman I'll give him that. But after sales needs attention big time. If he ever replied to my latest email I would say as much. Not in a hurry to fix faults and I'm sick of it 

9kw doesn't reach hot on mine..it's very warm on one pump and warm on the other. That enquiry to grippa seems to have been lost along with my many others. My reels have faulted at least 4 times and this is the second time I have one reel down for over a week as it gets fixed in England. Losing me money again.

Last time it was fixed they sent up a blue reel, my system is all black and cost 1000s..and I was supposed to be ok with that. A patchwork system.

No spare parts kept at the local Scottish contact here, although when the local distribution ceased here we were told that there would be a local fitment centre and Oliver is a good salesman I'll give him that. But after sales needs attention big time. If he ever replied to my latest email I would say as much. Not in a hurry to fix faults and I'm sick of it 
Just bought 2 electric reels from Pure Freedom, got a minor leak from the brass casting / spindle. Rang them up at 2 today and told them. The reply was "it's not a hard fix but as it's new we'll send you a new part out" Got a text an hour later from DPD, saying part will be here by 11 tomorrow. Not ideal getting a leak but the customer service is spot on. 

I had nothing but trouble with them when they put my second system in.The first one was spot on but the second just had problemsThey do sort the problems in the end but they come across now as if they couldn't care less about the customer which never used to be the case.These problems used to be rare but the more people I speak to it appears common.

@scottish cleaning service your parting with 8.5k to clean less than 100 jobs per month 
200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem I have is that I'm making too much money now and need to spend it. Then with the tank will make me quicker meaning even more customers. As the saying goes:- money makes money. :1f644:

If you need to reduce your tax liability then 30% of £8,500 is £2,550 I personally don't see the point as you are robbing Peter to pay Paul, simply my take on it as I would rather pay the tax and have money sitting in the bank also. 

I paid a 2 grand deposit today for a 650l hotwater diesel system and 2 electric hose reels. They are also going to waterproof the van floor. All comes to 8.5k so it gives me something to focus on, getting the other 6 grand.
make sure the heaters working with the engine off before you drive it away. when they ve fitted it.......and make sure theres no fuel leaks from the fuel pipe going into your fuel tank while the heaters running....

make sure the heaters working with the engine off before you drive it away. when they ve fitted it.......and make sure theres no fuel leaks from the fuel pipe going into your fuel tank while the heaters running....

Did they make that mistake with yours? Handy too know because I would have just drove off.

Did they make that mistake with yours? Handy too know because I would have just drove off.
yep.......the next day(after a 4 hour drive the day before)i fired up my new hot water system(with engine running),got to my first job and turned engine off and the heater stopped working(fuel issue)......grippa drove up with a courtesy van THEN drove mine back down to their fitting centre in cambridge,fixed the problem then drove it back up to me(over 350 mile round trip!)....i then had an issue with fuel leaking when heater on a few months later,got my local garage to put some sealant on the fuel pipe to tank and thats solved it for now....

works like a dream now though(had it over 18 months)...use it all day every day...much better than a cheap gas shower heater!(and safer too).....to be fair grippatank were excellent but they should of checked this before i drove off...i think they do this as a matter of course now!?

Imo the 5kw doesn’t get the water hot, luke warm at best even if it is just a one man system. The 9kw is the one to go for. Just my opinion though. 
The 5 kw in my opinion is not up to it

if you want to use really hot water for fascias etc the get 9 kw

Mr B

Going down to Cambridge to get my Grippatank Hotwater system fitted next Tuesday. Everything is in place for a two man system and getting a speedliner sprayed on. It will take 4 days to complete so I will be out and about on my bike in Cambridge visiting the place. Saved up the dosh so no debt and I think its about £8500 in total no RO only Di with my TDS around 70.

Back