Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cladding cleaning Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tino8358

This will be my first quote on something like this, I'm guessing the best way to is to give them £ per Sq. metre, I'm just not sure on a decent price to make it worthwhile and also not overly priced as I dont have a gauge on timescales yet, this would be all 4 sides, the other 3 side are all cladding, no doors etc,

Screenshot_20190626-220826_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleaning this type of material isn’t always straight forward as they are very prone to grey stains running down the cladding ,and a special detergent is needed to remove theses marks ,it’s expensive ,so I would suggest doing a test patch first with Virosol or similar to make sure that it will clean up ok as pricing will depend on time taken and material costs 

Cleaning this type of material isn’t always straight forward as they are very prone to grey stains running down the cladding ,and a special detergent is needed to remove theses marks ,it’s expensive ,so I would suggest doing a test patch first with Virosol or similar to make sure that it will clean up ok as pricing will depend on time taken and material costs 
Thanks Pjj would this apply to sheet metal aswell, this is some sort of sort of corrugated metal

Pjj has such a wealth of experience & knowledge!.

I watched a guy softwash an industrial unit with a Rutland Pump £2k softwash unit. He must have pressure washed the hypo off the next day. I was't really that impressed with the result but if he was to use an expensive chemical then it would cost him more than the price of the job. I think the property manager understood what the result would be or pay fives times as much to get a total clean.

Pjj has such a wealth of experience & knowledge!.
Whats so funny?.I was complimenting Pjj?‍♂️.

Hi guys,

I hope you can see the attached "cladding photo's".

Id just like some guidance of how much too charge roughly & how long,it'd take to clean this cladding,i may well be asked to clean?.

Advice,appreciated.

Thanks

Pane (willshine).

20200124_133542.jpg

20200124_133554.jpg

20200124_134904.jpg

That’s a difficult one to answer we all work at different speeds ,are you going to do it with a trolly that’s in the picture ?? It will be slow progress if you are . That’s a fair bit of cladding and reasonably high ,cannot see how dirty it is or what the dirt consists of , Ime guessing it’s about 40-45 feet high ?.. it will be hard work at that height time wise at a guess and it’s only a guess all day if you have the energy ??? but I would want double my normal daily rate due to it being hard work , doubt this helps much but might give you a pointer .Let us know how you get on if you do it .

The muck can collect in the grooves so a really hi flow rate would be best. We would use warm water and a 45cm 4 jet brush to do that. You haven't shown us all of the building and if there's cladding on the other side. 

This type of job uses a lot of water and you'll probably use 100 - 150 litres an hour, on your own. What would help you is an outside tap then rinse with pure. 

The muck can collect in the grooves so a really hi flow rate would be best. We would use warm water and a 45cm 4 jet brush to do that. You haven't shown us all of the building and if there's cladding on the other side. 

This type of job uses a lot of water and you'll probably use 100 - 150 litres an hour, on your own. What would help you is an outside tap then rinse with pure. 

I was unsure from the pictures if its plastic smooth cladding or the rougher concrete board stuff ?.. it could be cleaned and rinsed with tap water we would spray with 10-1 Virosol mix scrub and rinse with hot  pure the hotter the better 

sorry if this is a stupid question but for that type of cladding would tap water alone not suffice?

and good luck with it it looks like a mammoth job.

sorry if this is a stupid question but for that type of cladding would tap water alone not suffice?

Yes it would but hot pure or evan cold pure will eat into the dirt quicker than tap water , I know some will disagree with this statement but I have tried different techniques over the years and that’s what I have experienced 

Pure water will clean quicker than Tap water on any surface , but pure is needed to get a good finish on windows tap water can be used on most other things , unless it’s a particularly hard water area then it can and will leave marks on stainless steel balustrade and glass , you won’t notice it in any other surfaces like cladding .

Pure water will clean quicker than Tap water on any surface , but pure is needed to get a good finish on windows tap water can be used on most other things , unless it’s a particularly hard water area then it can and will leave marks on stainless steel balustrade and glass , you won’t notice it in any other surfaces like cladding .

cheers, was just wandering, I wouldn't ever use tap water on glass but my mind just got thinking when seeing all that cladding, and then I wandered what else might be ok with tap water.  

so glass and highly polished metals should be pure and the rest might be ok with tap water.

my tap water comes out anything between 70-100.

it definitely leaves visible spotting on windows I found another windy cleaning a couple of properties in the area I have been canvassing since last October today and he was using tap water or his resin needs changing as his windows were worse after he cleaned them than before he also failed to rinse any of his work.

I love that my competition is a cheap splash and dasher.

That’s a difficult one to answer we all work at different speeds ,are you going to do it with a trolly that’s in the picture ?? It will be slow progress if you are . That’s a fair bit of cladding and reasonably high ,cannot see how dirty it is or what the dirt consists of , Ime guessing it’s about 40-45 feet high ?.. it will be hard work at that height time wise at a guess and it’s only a guess all day if you have the energy ??? but I would want double my normal daily rate due to it being hard work , doubt this helps much but might give you a pointer .Let us know how you get on if you do it .
Thanks for feedback Pjj?.

Pane said:
Thanks for feedback Pjj?.
Most of what you said Pjj,i had in mind.I was just seeking guidance for the right possible way forwards.

Thanks.

Thanks for guidance Part timer.Some useful tips there mate.Im trying to work up,changing from a trolley system upto a 400 litre upright water tank.

To be fair Paddie.I cleaned the Top floor windows,did a lovely job.

I was asked then,would i be able at some point to clean the cladding ?.

That night,christ i had bloody neck ache!?.

Thanks for guidance Part timer.Some useful tips there mate.Im trying to work up,changing from a trolley system upto a 400 litre upright water tank.

To be fair Paddie.I cleaned the Top floor windows,did a lovely job.

I was asked then,would i be able at some point to clean the cladding ?.

That night,christ i had bloody neck ache!?.

yep, it's a lot harder than it looks.

how long is your pole?  and do you find its ok to use it fully extended with your trolley?

I only ask as I have only recently started and I also only use a backpack and trolley but wasn't sure if they would be powerful enough with a long pole.  but your pole must be quite big to get to them top windows..

yep, it's a lot harder than it looks.

how long is your pole?  and do you find its ok to use it fully extended with your trolley?

I only ask as I have only recently started and I also only use a backpack and trolley but wasn't sure if they would be powerful enough with a long pole.  but your pole must be quite big to get to them top windows..
I have used a Gardiner’s back pack with a 65 foot pole no problem just turn the flow rate up 

Latest Posts

Back