Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help on quoting gutter clear

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DJT

Hi guys, been asked to quote this job to clear all gutters out and also put down pipe guards in as well. Access is difficult in places so tower or cherry picker will be required. Any help appreciated. Located in West Midlands 

IMG_20190627_062445.jpg

IMG_20190627_065600.jpg

IMG_20190627_065506.jpg

IMG_20190627_062314.jpg

I would do it with a vac from the ground some bits might be a bit fiddly but cannot see anything that cannot be done , we do similar size buildings in a morning with two people , price wise £500 upwards depending what you think they will pay 

Putting the gutter guards in is going to be the problem, cherry picker hire with an operative is circa £250 for half a day, then you'll need vac, ladder and gutter tools. This is exactly the type of job a camera survey would save you any potential nightmares. If it is relatively clear, a lot of big trees around, then £500 + cherry picker is the absolute bottom price for me. If one of those downpipes is blocked at the bottom it could take half an hour to sort it, personally would work on 16 man hours, my charge is £50 an hour + cherry picker hire. I'd also request some of the parking bays are coned off to allow the cherry picker access.

Cheers for the advice. Yes @Part Timergutter guards will be the make or break for cherry picker. Seems crazy spending £5 on a guard and £200 plus on access issues. Will give them a few options. Another thought is hire a tower for the day. See what they say. It will be just me doing the job so I'm allowing the whole day on the quote and think 400 minimum plus platform hire if required.  Its only a once a year job. 

Just be very careful on price, the amount of gutters I've cleaned that were supposedly done the year before, and weren't, is probably 80% of all new jobs. If they haven't been done properly you could have half a dozen down pipes blocked. I always wonder why they put the job out for quotes if they're happy with the previous cleaner. 

Good luck whatever happens, hope you get it and let us know how you get on. 

Maybe have in mind that we are now entering the time of year where gutters dry out. Clearing them in summer can be a nightmare if the mud turns to cement its almost as frustrating as showing up to them being frozen solid. Ive had to chip away solidified baked mud piece by piece before just to free it up. Along similar lines You wouldn't dig the garden over this late in the year.

I love gutter clearance jobs most of the year but i dread them at the height of summer especially if a heatwave arrives. On residential houses you can outside tap & hoze the gutters if really dry but that is a different kettle of fish really big building

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back