Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you get your pressure washer on the van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

I currently have a smallish 12lpm jermac washer which I’m looking at upgrading soon as I’m finding it’s not really up to it.

my main concern with a new machine is that it will considerably heavier than my current machine.

How do you guys with Honda grx 390 or similar washers load them into your van? 

I don’t to be doing my back in loading a 60kg machine!  

I know how to lift properly, doesn’t mean I’m comfortable lifting 60kgs though! ?

I will look at some folding ramps I think, space is at a premium with everything loaded in.

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve got some folding metal ramps makes life so much easier. I used to lift it in & out but after finishing a job I’ve not got much left in the tank plus if you pull your back you’re f**ked.

I’ve got 40 metres of HP hose now so most of the time I leave it on the van. 

I was concerned about this before buying a machine (honda390) neednt have wasted my time worrying mate. Wooden ramps 6ft and it goes in and out no bother at all!!! 

Heres how i do it, after nearly passing out trying to get one of our big PW out the van on my own. its the best £30 i have spent.

View attachment 16952

I ordered a set of these from eBay at just under £60 but they arrived with rust spots on them so they are going back.

I found these massively over engineered beauties from SGS for only £15 more, they are built like a tank from aluminium so are light too.

18DDE202-B298-412A-B5D3-8A8CAF34707E.jpeg

Like the look of those ramps. I need to get a pair when I get my tank fitted because my 100kg PW will be getting rehoused in my garage. £100 for the pair makes good business sense. :1f609:

I ordered a set of these from eBay at just under £60 but they arrived with rust spots on them so they are going back.

I found these massively over engineered beauties from SGS for only £15 more, they are built like a tank from aluminium so are light too.

View attachment 17057

I bought a set of above ramps and they are great, nice and light and also fold up. Cheers Moor

Back