Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you get your pressure washer on the van?

Moor

I currently have a smallish 12lpm jermac washer which I’m looking at upgrading soon as I’m finding it’s not really up to it.

my main concern with a new machine is that it will considerably heavier than my current machine.

How do you guys with Honda grx 390 or similar washers load them into your van? 

I don’t to be doing my back in loading a 60kg machine!  

Mine weighs around 100kg if Ime working in my own I use a couple of scaffold boards as ramps if there is two of us about we lift it into the van 

My generator is 100kgs and if I have to I'll pick it up and put it in or out. As long as you learn how to lift properly you shouldn't damage your back, your eyes might pop out but your back will be ok.

I know how to lift properly, doesn’t mean I’m comfortable lifting 60kgs though! ?

I will look at some folding ramps I think, space is at a premium with everything loaded in.

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve got some folding metal ramps makes life so much easier. I used to lift it in & out but after finishing a job I’ve not got much left in the tank plus if you pull your back you’re f**ked.

I’ve got 40 metres of HP hose now so most of the time I leave it on the van. 

I was concerned about this before buying a machine (honda390) neednt have wasted my time worrying mate. Wooden ramps 6ft and it goes in and out no bother at all!!! 

Heres how i do it, after nearly passing out trying to get one of our big PW out the van on my own. its the best £30 i have spent.

View attachment 16952

I ordered a set of these from eBay at just under £60 but they arrived with rust spots on them so they are going back.

I found these massively over engineered beauties from SGS for only £15 more, they are built like a tank from aluminium so are light too.

18DDE202-B298-412A-B5D3-8A8CAF34707E.jpeg

Like the look of those ramps. I need to get a pair when I get my tank fitted because my 100kg PW will be getting rehoused in my garage. £100 for the pair makes good business sense. :1f609:

I ordered a set of these from eBay at just under £60 but they arrived with rust spots on them so they are going back.

I found these massively over engineered beauties from SGS for only £15 more, they are built like a tank from aluminium so are light too.

View attachment 17057

I bought a set of above ramps and they are great, nice and light and also fold up. Cheers Moor

Back